JL Audio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh well, im only 17.. i didnt know better. I still like my **** tho and everyone whos in my car compliments it.
If it makes my ears feels right to my ears, its all good..

can we plz stop picking on me just cuz i spent more $ for a namebrand?
]LISTEN TO ME FOR GOD FRIGGEN SAKE MOFO, let me SAVE YOUR IGNORANT ASS!

We don't mind that you have JL, i friggen have a W7 sitting in my garage with NO intent to use it, thats not why u r getting flammed on. We dont like ppl who know NOTHING about caraudio but insist they do and dont care to listen to other's. You have money, thats great!! Now tell me why you wouldn't want to make the BEST use of it, if you could get the same if not better sound for hundreds less would you want to try it? Even being a name brand, just not something overseen on crap like UNIQUE WHIPS or magazines. Even if you wanted to still roll with JL gear is fine aslong as you UNDERSTAND it and learn about wiring, ohm's law, box design...make yourself useful for crying out loud! Learn how to do it yourself that way when something goes wrong or when you need to fix it on the spot. Have some pride for crying out loud. Does it not affect you that you have sweet gear but you have no idea of how it works or how to control it? LEARN TO DO SOMETHING URSELF.

oh, and i just found out dynamat from sound advice and professional installation costs $500!!! now that to me is a ripoff!! the full body kit is $250 and its $250 for installationf or them to take off the plastic pannels and put it inside the actual tail gate and all.
NO! listen, you dont know how to do annything so stfu. You have no credibility labeling something easy or not. 500 bucks to install sound deadener? Thats not bad at all if you ask me. Take it from someone who has done more than one FULL install, im talking taking the whole car apart to bare metal and doing MULTIPLE Layers and 300+Sq Feet or deadener. So easy huh? Then do it yourself, once your done speak, not before. The concept isnt hard, but doing a good job is tedious, takes patience and is time consuming.

]LISTEN TO ME FOR GOD FRIGGEN SAKE MOFO, let me SAVE YOUR IGNORANT ASS!
We don't mind that you have JL, i friggen have a W7 sitting in my garage with NO intent to use it, thats not why u r getting flammed on. We dont like ppl who know NOTHING about caraudio but insist they do and dont care to listen to other's. You have money, thats great!! Now tell me why you wouldn't want to make the BEST use of it, if you could get the same if not better sound for hundreds less would you want to try it? Even being a name brand, just not something overseen on crap like UNIQUE WHIPS or magazines. Even if you wanted to still roll with JL gear is fine aslong as you UNDERSTAND it and learn about wiring, ohm's law, box design...make yourself useful for crying out loud! Learn how to do it yourself that way when something goes wrong or when you need to fix it on the spot. Have some pride for crying out loud. Does it not affect you that you have sweet gear but you have no idea of how it works or how to control it? LEARN TO DO SOMETHING URSELF.

NO! listen, you dont know how to do annything so stfu. You have no credibility labeling something easy or not. 500 bucks to install sound deadener? Thats not bad at all if you ask me. Take it from someone who has done more than one FULL install, im talking taking the whole car apart to bare metal and doing MULTIPLE Layers and 300+Sq Feet or deadener. So easy huh? Then do it yourself, once your done speak, not before. The concept isnt hard, but doing a good job is tedious, takes patience and is time consuming.
im actually very good with learning about technical stuff. i just wouldnt install stuff myself or do wiring on my car. if i had an older car i wouldnt mind, but i dont wanna mess it up. i once took parts out of an old computer and installed them in a new one with no instructions. i was like 13 years old and just played aroudn with it. im sure if i played around with my sub **** i could learn stuff too. people at Sound Advice said dont mess with the amp, so i dont wanna mess with it.

Well, all I can say is spend some time reading. Get familiar with lots of brands. Know a thing or two about installation and wiring. Most of all, don't go saying stupid things when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Well, all I can say is spend some time reading. Get familiar with lots of brands. Know a thing or two about installation and wiring. Most of all, don't go saying stupid things when you have no idea what you're talking about.
especially if you want to remain active @ this site. we will challenge anything and everything you say......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

im actually very good with learning about technical stuff. i just wouldnt install stuff myself or do wiring on my car. if i had an older car i wouldnt mind, but i dont wanna mess it up. i once took parts out of an old computer and installed them in a new one with no instructions. i was like 13 years old and just played aroudn with it. im sure if i played around with my sub **** i could learn stuff too. people at Sound Advice said dont mess with the amp, so i dont wanna mess with it.
When you read a book, listen to, or watch somebody who knows what they're doing, it isn't hard to follow. However, you can't say you've "learned" anything unless you can do it yourself. For example, I'm a computer programmer, the other day I read 200 pages of a book on java struts, I thought, doesn't sound so hard, everything I read made perfect sense. I sat down at the keyboard and suddenly all that knowledge was gone, I had to pick up that book and look stuff up online dozens of times that day. Do I feel like a dumbass? No. Have I learned a ton? Definitely. The point is, don't go around saying you know how to do something just because you've heard some information about it and think you know how to do it. Not only that, but you took it a step further and not only lied about having knowledge, but you argued with people with loads of experience on the topic. Not only theory, but practical, hands on experience, some of the people here giving you advice are professionals. Sure the guys at your shop are too, but they are there to make money, and if they think they can get you to spend a ton of money at their shop because you're ignorant, they will. Some of the people here I guarantee you have tons more knowledge and experience then them, and they have an unbiased opinion because they aren't trying to make money off you, they are offering up their advice for free. You think you know a little bit about car audio, you don't. Most of the information that I've seen you post on this forum has been wrong so far.

If you're not willing to do some research and work yourself to learn and improve your skills than you have no place here.

Also, FYI, new cars are easier to work on than old cars because they actually come apart and go together properly, **** doesn't break as easily when you're removing or installing it, wiring diagrams/information/parts are much more readily available, and everything is a hell of a lot cleaner.

I would get:
A Pioneer 880PRS for ~250

A good 15" sub for ~300 (There are lots out there... maybe an RL-P or a Q or something along those lines)

MB Quart PCE216 for ~200

Wiring from Knukonceptz ~100 (should be plenty)

Autotek MM1000.1 for ~350, for the sub

Autotek MM125.2 for ~200, for the components

There's 1400. And it would be a spankin system.
blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh crap

When you read a book, listen to, or watch somebody who knows what they're doing, it isn't hard to follow. However, you can't say you've "learned" anything unless you can do it yourself. For example, I'm a computer programmer, the other day I read 200 pages of a book on java struts, I thought, doesn't sound so hard, everything I read made perfect sense. I sat down at the keyboard and suddenly all that knowledge was gone, I had to pick up that book and look stuff up online dozens of times that day. Do I feel like a dumbass? No. Have I learned a ton? Definitely. The point is, don't go around saying you know how to do something just because you've heard some information about it and think you know how to do it. Not only that, but you took it a step further and not only lied about having knowledge, but you argued with people with loads of experience on the topic. Not only theory, but practical, hands on experience, some of the people here giving you advice are professionals. Sure the guys at your shop are too, but they are there to make money, and if they think they can get you to spend a ton of money at their shop because you're ignorant, they will. Some of the people here I guarantee you have tons more knowledge and experience then them, and they have an unbiased opinion because they aren't trying to make money off you, they are offering up their advice for free. You think you know a little bit about car audio, you don't. Most of the information that I've seen you post on this forum has been wrong so far.
If you're not willing to do some research and work yourself to learn and improve your skills than you have no place here.

Also, FYI, new cars are easier to work on than old cars because they actually come apart and go together properly, **** doesn't break as easily when you're removing or installing it, wiring diagrams/information/parts are much more readily available, and everything is a hell of a lot cleaner.
what i meant was i dont want to fucl{ up my lexus.. if i had an older car i would readily try some stuff out myself. but im not going to mess with my car.

well JL amps are underrated, so a 500 watt amp has more than 500 watts. so 2 of those is over 1000 watts, then the amp for the components is like 600 and something (i forget exactly). and ya i would have JL components cuz i just love JL so much and would fucl{ JL.................
how are they under-rated with one of the most infamous REGULATED power supplies ever made you idiot?

how are they under-rated with one of the most infamous REGULATED power supplies ever made you idiot?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Yeah, that IS a good price to have someone do it...depending on just how indepth they were gonna get.

(Would sound advice even have done multiple layers for that price? I'd bet not)

At any rate, I'm a cheap bastard, I'd still rather do it myself and know whats right about it, and whats not and what I need to look at improving. Heck, I'm still debating where to start at system-wise on the Thunderbird and I've already had it for about 2 weeks now!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

admit it dude...you would **** the biggest, blackest, hooked c*ck for all new JL stuff...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

he did say he'd fuck jl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.