Jl audio w7 13.5" vs rockford fosgate t2 12d4 vs re xxx 12"

gunito50o
10+ year member

i was wondering what is the overall better spl and and sq sub something loud money not a factor its goin in a hummer h2 some say jl some say re i was wndering abut the rockford fosgate t2. i want 2 subs ( either jl re or rockford fosgate. ) then get an amp and run each 1 about 1, 500 watts. which amp would u recomened. any 1 no a good site to see the rexxx. thanx for all ur help. if u no of anything else to help my system plz tell me like how to help run all this peace.

If money isnt an issue I would go with the JL's, but a 1000/1 wont be enough for one of them.

I dont think the T2 is on the same lvl as far as sql is it?

I am a big fan of the mtx 9500 series. maybe you could look into those subs.

if your set on those subs, mtx makes a 1500 watt class D amp for a descent price.

TWo brahma's each with a 1500 watt amp,

I have two 15's hooked up each to a hifoniks's 1500watt and wow, you will wake your neighbor up from 1/2 a mile away, with good sq loud bass.

i'm sure two 1's will get down just as well, that is actually what i want next due to size constraints

You can get a 13w7 for a hell of a lot less than the price of two Brahmas or two XXXs, people are exaggerating rather excessively there.

As far as displacement, a single 13w7 is actually capable of displacing about 10% less than a pair of Brahma 12s or XXX 12s, which equates to a difference of less than 1dB, at best.

If you do want a pair of woofers for certain though, you can certainly go with a pair of Brahma or XXX 12s, they are both exceptional woofers, and both are a better overall choice than the RF driver.

A single 13w7 can certainly get very loud ported, and if you have that much power on tap, you'll be in good shape. The 13w7s can handle quite a bit of power for musical purposes (they have a 3.5" diameter 3"+ long VC), so you don't really have to worry about hurting it.

Technically a pair of 12w7s would be capable of getting louder than a pair of Brahma or XXX 12s, but they'd also be somewhat more expensive, depending on where you buy them.

XXX or Brhama!!!!!

Technically a pair of 12w7s would be capable of getting louder than a pair of Brahma or XXX 12s, but they'd also be somewhat more expensive, depending on where you buy them.
They will be way more expensive and you can get XXX's and Brahma's to outperform the W7's with the right power. JL actually voids the warranty if you put more than 1500 watts into a 12W7. They are not made to handle a lot of power like the XXX's or Brahmas. Depends on what you really want. I've heard a 10W7 powered by a JL500.1 and it sounded real good but if you put that into a XXX, it would be way under powered. But Imagine putting 3000 watts into a single XXX or Brahma. Now that would just sound rediculous!!!! And the SQ would still remain flawless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.