jl audio 10w3v3-2 question

Yes, there will be a substantial difference however don't waste your money on a pre built box. Build one yourself or find someone to build you a custom box that will complement the JLs. Prebuilt boxes are often the wrong internal volume with a high and peaky port tune.

You'd want about 2-2.5cf tuned around 31-33hz for those JLs.

And last but not least dollar for dollar JL's are only worth the money when they are used.

The fox box is designed for my supercrew cab f150 and those subs are highly recommended for the porter enclosure, is the reason why I am considering the setup. Do you recommend any other 10" subs that would hit real hard with quality bass in a 2.2cf ported box?

The fox box is designed for my supercrew cab f150 and those subs are highly recommended for the porter enclosure, is the reason why I am considering the setup. Do you recommend any other 10" subs that would hit real hard with quality bass in a 2.2cf ported box?
Custom box contact Chris pate at mobile toys. He does lots of f150 builds. Are you planning on doing the seat lift? That opens more options. You can look at sundown sd series maybe even dc level 3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check out the Hertz audio site im a dealer i can get you anything you want at map pricing looking in that millie pro/energy line at that price point.

For 800, look at the sd subs and a custom box. I am a fellow f150 owner. I have 2 10 tw3s and they sound good, but I wouldn’t call it loud. Seat lift is needed to get loud because you have so many more options doe to increased mounting depth. Lmi has seat lift kits for an extra 2 inches in height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wish I knew more about car audio and what I should get for 800$ budget subs and box
For $800 you should be able to get some quality gear and/or some quantity to meet your goals... I got my subs/amps for $800... I WAS looking for a budget build tho...

ORgaMrJ.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.