jl amps

nocturnal30
10+ year member

canada
I need your guys opinion. im in Canada and we get assraped for prices. anyway dealer is offering me a xd600/1 for $308 or a 500/1 for $350 new. what do you guys suggest. im just building a decent system for sq nothing special. sub is a 1243d type r rated @ 600rms. thanks

Even with shipping being a little higher, I still believe you would be better off buying used on the forums.

[quote name='nocturnal30']I need your guys opinion. im in Canada and we get assraped for prices. anyway dealer is offering me a xd600/1 for $308 or a 500/1 for $350 new. what do you guys suggest. im just building a decent system for sq nothing special. sub is a 1243d type r rated @ 600rms. thanks[/QUOTE]

Between the two, the XD. The slash, as I've heard, are a little more power-hungry. I did manage to run a 300/4 and 500/1 on stock electrical and 4ga in my 04 Ion Redline, though, so I guess YMMV.

For the price, you can do better even including shipping. @trumpet ; has a good deal right now on PPI Phantom 1000.1s for under MAP until supplies last and it'll put you under 200 shipped IIRC.

[quote name='neo_styles']For the price, you can do better even including shipping. @trumpet ; has a good deal right now on PPI Phantom 1000.1s for under MAP until supplies last and it'll put you under 200 shipped IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Shipping to Canada is going to cost roughly double the shipping within the Continental US, maybe even more as rates are raised every year. Thanks for the mentions.

I have a really nice zapco 1100m that is the same as the ref 1100.1 just like the model before. I could check on shipping but I think that I could get it to you for 300 shipped. It retailed for like $1100 new. Just a thought. I can text you pics if you would like. My number is 5153607069. I used a jl 500/1 and a 1000/1 before this one and I think that this one sounded way better than both of them plus seemed more powerful than the 1000/1. Let me know if you have any questions. It's in very very good shape. I just took it out because I replaced it with new zapco z150.4 and zx200.4 amps for my 4 way active.

its a jl 500/1 slash amp new. too expensive I think. the sub is in a sealed enclosure. I can get a mrpm850 alpine amp right now off a guy for $100. I want to do it but I don't want to blow the sub. can I run this??? amp would be 800rms and sub is rated for 600rms.???

its a jl 500/1 slash amp new. too expensive I think. the sub is in a sealed enclosure. I can get a mrpm850 alpine amp right now off a guy for $100. I want to do it but I don't want to blow the sub. can I run this??? amp would be 800rms and sub is rated for 600rms.???
Right but there is the JX 500/1 or the 500/1v2(only thing you could get "new") the "slash" series doesnt offer a 500/1 anymore its the 600/1v3 now. Either way the alpine amp would be fine for $100. It shoulnt blow or damage your sub if you set your gains appropriately.

JL Audio JX500/1D - JX

or

500/1v2 - Car Audio - Amplifiers - Slash v2 - JL Audio

Ya those guys want way too much for those amps. Say im getting steal but i dont want to spend that much. I got a line on a good priced rockford old school mono amp too but dont know much about it yet. Its 400rms rf power series. Kind with the major cooling fins and grey.

I need your guys opinion. im in Canada and we get assraped for prices. anyway dealer is offering me a xd600/1 for $308 or a 500/1 for $350 new. what do you guys suggest. im just building a decent system for sq nothing special. sub is a 1243d type r rated @ 600rms. thanks

Its not just Canada when it comes to JL and assraping.

actually the amp that has the same logo, style and everything I saw is a Rockford 1501.bd . only difference is it is bigger than the one I want to look at. I cant make out the number on the logo in the pic. im waiting for owner to get back to me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.