jl amps

I need your guys opinion. im in Canada and we get assraped for prices. anyway dealer is offering me a xd600/1 for $308 or a 500/1 for $350 new. what do you guys suggest. im just building a decent system for sq nothing special. sub is a 1243d type r rated @ 600rms. thanks

Found a Canadian online retailer recently that has some great sales on some JL stuff. XD600/1 - $269CAD, Jx500/1 $128.88CAD.

I bought some C3 650's for a little over $225 shipped to my door. PM me and i'll let you know

Canadians get hosed for car audio gear. My Knu wiring kit almost doubled in cost just due to shipping, brokerage and duties. But that being said it was still ~$10 cheaper for a quality 4GA kit then the cheap crap Best Buy has

one last thing. im conflicted as I have 3 amp choices right now for fairly cheap. I want to spend not too much, not kill my stock electrical( car is a 92 protégé), and power my 600w rms sub properly and safely , but have good bass. the 3 amps I like are the mrp850(800watts rms), pioneer gm8400m(600watts rms), and mrpm450(400watts rms). they are priced highest to lowest in that order too. the other is an older bd Rockford amp. I have the picture above. cant get ahold of seller. says its 400watts rms, but I don't know what model, cant make out the logo. looks like 501bd but little smaller. let me know what you think. I have everything to run the smaller amps right now, just don't want to wimp out on the sub, or blow it either.

ya that's only thing that ***** about buying from the states. shipping blows. they need to lower shipping costs some how. I cant tell you how many times, prob hundreds, I would have bought something but it either wouldn't come to Canada or the shipping ******. I bought my sub on sale for $115. was almost $170 by the time I got it. funny though still $300 in Canada. what do you do. theres a ton of amps I like on ebay, but the shipping is almost as much as the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.