Jensen MP7610 too good to be true?

themightyquinn
10+ year member

the Cardomain.com store is selling a Jensen MP7610 for $124. It has 72x4 MOSFET power. Sounds too good to be true. And if it actually is 72x4, the RMS would be greater than 18x4, right? Because that's what it claims to be on the site. Here's the link:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/JENMP7610

I wanna get some higher powered speakers (4 of them). Woyuld this HU be able to handle something with an RMS of 50 or 60 and up?

Let me know please, thanks alot!

-Quinn

Not really actually. Since Audiovox took over Jensen their products haven't been all that bad. I've installed several of those CD players and they are pretty decent.
Really? Who would of thunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Not really actually. Since Audiovox took over Jensen their products haven't been all that bad. I've installed several of those CD players and they are pretty decent.

Really, actually. I have installed plenty of them and we've had to replace far to many. They're simply not a quality radio, very flashy though, so if that's what you want.... expect to buy a new one every few months.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Jensen is hands down trash. I've installed about a 100 in my time at my job. At least 30 of them didn't work right out of the box. At one point the customer went through 4 Jensen radios back to back because each one wouldn't power up (the 5th one finally powered up but wouldnt play a CD).

We have to do repairs on Jensens all the time, its trash. It's cheap for a reason. It looks cheesy, sounds like ****, and is poor quality.

Jensen is hands down trash. I've installed about a 100 in my time at my job. At least 30 of them didn't work right out of the box. At one point the customer went through 4 Jensen radios back to back because each one wouldn't power up (the 5th one finally powered up but wouldnt play a CD).We have to do repairs on Jensens all the time, its trash. It's cheap for a reason. It looks cheesy, sounds like ****, and is poor quality.

What he said

Jensen is hands down trash. I've installed about a 100 in my time at my job. At least 30 of them didn't work right out of the box. At one point the customer went through 4 Jensen radios back to back because each one wouldn't power up (the 5th one finally powered up but wouldnt play a CD).We have to do repairs on Jensens all the time, its trash. It's cheap for a reason. It looks cheesy, sounds like ****, and is poor quality.
How long have you been carrying the line? We've had Jensen pretty much since Audiovox assumed production and haven't had any complaints yet. The Jensen VM9510 is probably the best bang for the buck in dash DVD/screen combo out there. Much better picture then the Pioneer AVH5700DVD which is about $200 more.

I've installed a couple dozen Jensen radios and have had no problems whatsoever. I probably wouldn't put one in my own car, but I have no complaints with the new Jensen radios.

We've been carrying it a long time... but yeah I will admit I haven't had many problems recently with the in-dash screens. And I will hand it to Jensen, their in-dash flip screens are pretty easy to install (compared to the others available).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.