HU advise Pioneer premier/panasonic

projectONExB
10+ year member

MN
New to the site and need some advise on a HU for an xB.

I am looking at 3 different units and wondering if anyone has any advise. I will be running a mono amp to a IDQ12 and eventually a 4-ch amp to focal components, but the 4ch will have to wait a few months. The set up will be geared to SQ mainly. I like that the Panasonic has aux-in, but not sure if it will be a good HU compaired to the Pioneers. Also, is the 80MP worth the extra money?

Pioneer DEH-P7700MP - $225

Pioneer DEH-P80MP - $280

Panasonic CQ-C9700U - $280

Thanks for the help! Also if you know anywhere to get these decks cheaper, let me know : )

i would say either the Pioneer DEH-P80MP...or the Panasonic CQ-C9700U...i would lean towards the panasonic...but thats just me

Awesome, thanks for the advise! I always been leaning towards the 80MP, but just not sure if it will be that much better than the 7700 and I just don't know anything about Panasonic!

Now I'm thinking about a Clarion 655, but I am really concerned about the 2volt pre-outs. I'm really interested in the 24 bit processor and from what I have heard they are a pretty great quality deck...I'm all about SQ and value if possible and can pick up this $500 retail deck for under $200. Any thoughs on the Clarion?? I'd like to get an Eclipse, but have a lot of other things to spend money on too. (components, amps, sub, EQ, etc, etc...)

EDIT: After looking at what I wrote...I don't think it has 24bit sound processing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.