Jeep Wrangler Audio Upgrade

HoosierDoc

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all,

I'm definitely a beginner on stereo systems but would like to upgrade my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I've heard upgrading the head unit can make a significant difference so I figured I'd start there.

I was looking at this receiver here that's on sale at Best Buy since it's a free installation too. Anyone have any experience with this?

I was also considering adding in some upgraded speakers found here that are also on sale. If I were to buy these, is it just a matter of switching out the old with the new or does different wiring need to be installed for the new speakers?

I was thinking I'd add an amplifier/subwoofer at some point in the future.

Thanks for any help!

Hey all,

I'm definitely a beginner on stereo systems but would like to upgrade my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I've heard upgrading the head unit can make a significant difference so I figured I'd start there.

I was looking at this receiver here that's on sale at Best Buy since it's a free installation too. Anyone have any experience with this?

I was also considering adding in some upgraded speakers found here that are also on sale. If I were to buy these, is it just a matter of switching out the old with the new or does different wiring need to be installed for the new speakers?

Thanks for any help!
swap the head unit, add an amp for your door speakers, add an amp and sub then lastly switch door speakers only after you sound deaden your doors. You might be satisfied any step between this.

You never want to swap door speakers without amplification power and sound deadening. A lot of times it'll sound way worse than stock because aftermarket speakers NEED power AND sound deadening. no ifs ands or buts.

Hey all,

Thanks for any help!
Link?

Sorry, I'd hyperlinked the text "here" but it is hard to tell. Here is the link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pionee...dvd-dm-receiver-black/6328679.p?skuId=6328679

dont go to best buy, order the head unit from amazon or crutchfield or sonic electronix. They latter two give you install gear needed for the install for free most of the times like wiring harness adapters and dash kits.

I reviewed the same unit on Crutchfield and it still would have me purchase the same install parts. So the price ended up being the same, but Best Buy will install for free so I figured I'd go with Best Buy for the head unit and do the other upgrades myself through Crutchfield.

be careful of best buy installs, theres a fair share of horror stories all over the place with best buy, i'd try to see the work they do, make sure they dont cut the harness or some ********.
the head unit choice is great.

Hey all,

Thanks for any help!
Which head unit do you have. The base or the touchscreen with infinity speakers? Because although unbranded that touchscreen is made by alpine and costs about $1500.....im not even kidding. Im a complete jeep fanatic, and in a pretty big local jeep club, SOJK (Southern Oregon Jeep Klub) and I've installed countless systems in all models of jeep vehicles. Now i know a bunch of people are going to argue with me on my next statement but this is a fact....if you want serious sound quality thats unmatched by any other, you have to start with a good head unit. And believe it or not the best deck on the planet right now is the Sony Mex-Xb100bt. Ive sold and installed well over 200 in the past 3 years and i put a money back 100% satisfaction guarantee on every single one and haven't had one come back yet. Ive had friends and customers swap out $800 alpine decks, $700 pioneers, $800 kenwoods, and everything else and i **** you not every single person was shocked at the difference in sound quality and how much louder their system was. The most important and most overlooked spec on a head unit is the s/n ratio and the sony has the best on the market at 120db and its CEA compliant. It's also the most powerful deck ever made with a true 45w x 4 rms @ 4ohm...75w x 4 rms @2ohm. It has a 10 band fully adjustable eq, 3 sets of 5v rca pre outs, digital sound reconstruction, the list of features goes on and on......and the best part, its only $200 new. Check out the reviews on YouTube and the dyno tests on it. Truly unbeatable. And yes I use it also. And it powered my mids and highs literally until i hit 151db, then had to add a couple amps. But when i was running my two XFL 10s doing 149.8db on music daily it powered all mids and highs with no problem and kept right up with the subs.
Upgrade your mids and highs to DS18 genx series, then get an Audiopipe APCL-1800 and either two Audiopipe BDC3 10s 2ohm dvc or one BDC4 12 2ohm dvc (depending on how much room you're willing to give up and how much bass you want. All that equipment with a box and all wire a d cable is well under $900 and will put you around 144-145db with your hardtop on.
If you want you can order through me and save even more. I own Medford Car Audio and Video and I'm a. Authorized Dealer for Audiopipe, DS18, Resilient Sound, American Bass and Massive Audio. I hardly ever mark up product prices when I sell to online customers and my distribution warehouse will drop ship directly to you. I will beat ANY advertised price by 20% and I sell the Audiopipe APDLI /APDLO series cheaper than anywhere. And those amps are BEASTS. I run 2 APDLI-2000 amps strapped at 0.35ohm each daily powering three Audiopipe TXX BD4 12s in a 6th order bandpass c-pillar wall doing 151.3 on the dash at 36hz. And im clamping 7k rms before rise from those amps. I run the crap out of them daily for almost 2 years now with zero issues.
Heres a few pix of my WJ Jeep and current build.
Hit me up anytime

Attachments

• 20180812_002555.jpg
    20180812_002555.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 261
  • received_2435981489761718.jpeg
    received_2435981489761718.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 20190719_154735.jpg
    20190719_154735.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 271
  • FB_IMG_1566602093438.jpg
    FB_IMG_1566602093438.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 268
  • 20190726_202345.jpg
    20190726_202345.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 272
  • received_2551887174837454.jpeg
    received_2551887174837454.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 275
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.