Jeep TJ build (4th order, octaport, under the window)

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigbud747
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well, it's been a couple of years since I've posted anything on here, and it looks like this place it starting to die down. Kind of sad considering I started out on this forum in 2007 and I gained so much knowledge here.

Anyway, sold my Dodge a few months ago to get some money paid off on this TJ. Bought the TJ about 1.5 years ago, and have been modding it since. This will be the only audio to go into it (along with a Sony headunit and some crappy Wal mart 6.5's that were already in it). Total, I've spent less than $150 on the sub/amp/box/materials, so I wouldn't be too heartbroken if something happened to it.

Equipment:

Sub: Funkin Audio SX10

Amp: Crunch P1-3050.1

Knu 1/0 wire

Box:

1.1 sealed

3.7 ported

8.25" Octaport

51.91hz

Duplicolor bedliner coating with 5 coats of polyurethane on the port (which is birch)

Hoping to do at least a 140 on music in a softtop jeep. I'll know in a couple of weeks when I get everything in, if I don't freeze my *** off first...

And here's the Jeep its going in....

What do you mean? It's mounted so the motor is firing into the ported area, for better cooling. I wont be able to hook it up for another week or so since i don't yet have the amp or wire.

The Octaport is 8.25" is diameter, or about 58 sq in. It's big...

Had a little bit of fun this morning. Between yesterday afternoon and this morning I've helped 8 people who were stuck on hills and in ditches. Was even able to air up a guys tire to his disbelief (I have Onboard Air in the Jeep so I can air up tires/run air tools/blow my train horn).

Box is in and secured . Now just waiting on the wire fron Knu.

2013-12-07_07-25-26_632_zps7ca04e13.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.