JBL W12GTi MkII

If interested I have a Memphis mcd1500. Does 1500 at 2 ohms 750 at 4 ohm. Woukd be perfect for one sub. Not sure if it'd run at 1.5 though people have said they ran them at 1 ohm

Always wanted to try one of these subs, not sure why I havent yet

Oh and the 4 cubes you quoted me on the box...was that for 1 or 2? Pretty sure 2 but I could be mistaking. Also how would it be if I tuned it a little higher than recommended? I was thinking 30, opinions on that?
That 4 cubes was for a single 15" according to JBL's specs, so I apologize for giving you the wrong dims. I'm trying to confirm with something written by JBL themselves as to what they recommend for the 12" ported. SE claims 2.25 cubes, but no tuning frequency. The box size will go down with a higher tuning. You can definitely tune it to 32 or 35Hz, it'll just affect how flat it plays throughout the 30s and low 40s. Also keep in mind that the W12GTi's Fs is already at 32Hz, so I'm not sure how the woofer will respond being tuned right at that point.

I just did 3 of them in 6 cubes @ 30 hz.
What were the enclosure dims and response, if you don't mind me asking? I'm fiercely considering a pair or even three GTis for a future build in a Tahoe, but still need storage space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.