JBL system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

supereikenator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I've been bit by the SQ(ish) bug. So I'm no longer happy with my HDC3 15, so I'm selling it, amp, box, and all. I'm wanting to build a nice mixed system that isn't stupid expensive. So I was thinking a JBL GTI 10, and then some of their middle ground components(MS I wanna say?) I heard them and they sounded great. Are those some good choices? Or is there better to be had for th e money? If they are a good choice what mono and four channels should I pair up with moderately good SQ at a reasonable price? I know the GTI has a weird coil configuration so I wasn't sure there. The car is a Scion xB currently equipped with electrical that can handle around 2000 watts, willing to upgrade though. As is, no sound deadening, but I plan to. My roof rattles like crazy. Any opinions?

JBL GTO-1001EZ and GTO-804EZ. I've been using the GTO-501EZ and it's phenominal for the money. I didn't think I'd hear any difference when I replaced a PPI i650.1 with this amp, but on the same subwoofer in the same enclosure the bass sounds better.

Another amplifier combo worth considering is a PPI BK800.4 and a BK1800.1D.

We have the MS-62C and P660C components in stock. I could do a package deal if you bought speakers and both amplifiers from us.

the GTI subs are fantastic. currently im running a pair of the W15 GTI's infinite baffle and its awesome. a single 12 on 800W or so would be great in a ported enclosure tuned to abot 30hz or so. for amps try to find a used Mmats D2100.2 or 1800.2. efficent amps an plenty of power for a single(or in my case dual) GTI subs. if you are interested i might be selling my Mmats to swap to a larger one. shoot me a PM if you want more info.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.