Jbl gto-14001

its a mono amp you can only wire it down to 2 ohms and im pretty sure that even tho there are 4 terminals they are internally bridged

so should I wire the subs series/parallel?
2_4ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

4 ohm load

just do a google search if it class d it has 2 speaker terminals but . just make sure your ohms go with whatever the amp can take
I know this thread is old, but I wanted to comment for people looking through for simular help, this amp is not an A/B class, per JBL support it is a Class D amp..

Most of the Power Valve, Power, GTO Mono blocks only state and recommend 2 ohm, however you can infact run it in 1 ohm, from personal and other users feedback, but use at own risk of course..

Note: I know that there are certain shops online that have it listed as an A/B class however I received direct support JBL them selves and they are claiming all the GTO Mono blocks are Class D... only their Multi Chan GTO and GT5 Mono blocks are Ab Class.. (With the exception 2 models in the GT5 Class)

I have this exact amp..

well use at your own risk, but from many owners reviews you can, and I ran it a little bit like that but I didnt have the power from my bat and alt to keep up.. plus i had the 1200.1 before this amp and ran it for a year 1ohm... with no problems..

i have this amp also. but i am tryin to sell it because it has a built in protection feature that really gets on my nerves. it will make your subs last forever but they wont reach their full potential.its a bit of a trade off. oh and i dont think you can run this one a t 1ohm. but you can run it at 1.5

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.