Jaguar S type 2002 install help

Participant count
  • Participant list

qwiketz
10+ year member

Hi guys. I have a 2002 Jaguar S type with the premium audio system in it. I haven't been able to find crap in regards to wiring diagrams for the premium audio system. I belive that I have found one for the basic system, but mine has a ton more wires. It is the Visteon 9000 "premium" system.

Underneath the rear deck, there is a pod that holds 2 6 by 8 (approx) speakers and an amp upside down on the bottom. There is a harness that is going into the amp. It has 5 wires and what appears to be 1 ground wire(bare at the harness and wrapped in electrical tape the rest of the way.

There are the following:

black (wrapped in tape)

black - normal wire

red

yellow w red stripe

green with a gray partial stripe

red with a partial gray stripe

What wires are what? I'm guessing that black is ground, red is 12+ and yellow with red is 12 switched. I'm also guessing that the red and green with the gray stripes are the rcas. I'm not sure what the second black is that is wrapped in electrical tape. Is that a second ground of some type?

Also, how would I go about splitting the rca lines and running a set to my new sub amp? I'm thinking that I'll splice into the harness and the 12 switched. Can I just buy the rca ends to attach to wire? I've never done this before.

Thanks in advance!

okay... I tapped into the stock wires for the amplifier. I spliced into the yellow and red wire for the amp turn on. It isn't turning my amp on however. Also, when it is connected, the stock amp won't turn on so obviously the wiring is okay and power is flowing to the rockford amp. Maybe all the current is going to the rockford amp instead of the stock amp. Even with the stock amp unplugged, the rockford won't turn on. Anyone run into this before? I thought it didn't take much power at all to turn on the amp.

okay... I tapped into the stock wires for the amplifier. I spliced into the yellow and red wire for the amp turn on. It isn't turning my amp on however. Also, when it is connected, the stock amp won't turn on so obviously the wiring is okay and power is flowing to the rockford amp. Maybe all the current is going to the rockford amp instead of the stock amp. Even with the stock amp unplugged, the rockford won't turn on. Anyone run into this before? I thought it didn't take much power at all to turn on the amp.
I hope you ran appropriate gauge power & ground and are not trying to power up the Rockford amp using the factory wiring in the car.

I did. I ran 10 guage from the battery in the spare tire well to the amp about 24 inches away. I have it fuesd with a 30 amp fuse. I also did a ground to the chassis.

The stock amp is wired with a 20 amp fuse and the wiring is tiny. Who knows... maybe I'll just switch from the two stock 6 by 8 subs in a sealed enclosure to a pioneer vented 12" setup I have ready to go. The additional cone area and box design should at least be some improvement for the time being provided the stock sub amp can handle a 4 ohm load.

This is wierd....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.