I've tried everything, ur turn

Altima718

what's up people.

I have a pioneer deck and pioneer 6 1/2" speakers in the back with two alpine 12" subs in a bandpass. My problem is when i step on the gas i have a buzzing sound in the door and rear speakers, it's not loud, but I can hear it when the music is turned down. I can't figure out how to stop this. I know that the rca cables too close to the power wire will cause distortion but the rca is on the other side of my car (power run on driver side, rca on passenger) The only other thing I can think of if the speaker it self is touching metal in the rear causing to to short circuit. Like I've said, I've tried everything so any advice would be apprieciated. Thankyou.

Altima:confused

Originally posted by Altima718 what's up people.

I have a pioneer deck and pioneer 6 1/2" speakers in the back with two alpine 12" subs in a bandpass. My problem is when i step on the gas i have a buzzing sound in the door and rear speakers, it's not loud, but I can hear it when the music is turned down. I can't figure out how to stop this. I know that the rca cables too close to the power wire will cause distortion but the rca is on the other side of my car (power run on driver side, rca on passenger) The only other thing I can think of if the speaker it self is touching metal in the rear causing to to short circuit. Like I've said, I've tried everything so any advice would be apprieciated. Thankyou.

Altima:confused
-------------------------------------------------

sounds like alt whine usually caused by a ground loop in your system,try finding or making a better ground.

I would normally agree, but he described the sound as a "buzzing".

Does the buzzing increase in speed as you rev the engine?

If so, you are having a problem with your ignition coil creating noise in the power system (this also indicates a low quality power supply in the amplifier)

If the buzzing doesn't increase in speed and is only there when the car is "on", that is - the key is in the "On" position and not "Acc", then you have a problem with your daytime running light circuit.

Daytie runing circuits, on some vehicles (not all), use PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) to turn the headlights on and off 1000's of times per second - so they are dimmer and use less power than when your headlights are on. This creates a ripple in your cars power system, which can be heard through an amp as a buzzing

day time lights pulse 1000's of times per sec? **** , leave it to a car company to do stuff the complicated way, why dont they just use another filament in the headlight like low and high beam ... or why don tthey just use a voltage regulator to reduce the voltage to the head lights. these car companies sound kind of dumb....but back to the problem, try one of those engine noise filters, they have two types, the one that goes in line between the head unit and the powersupply and one that goes inline on the rca plugs. i suggest you try the inline type, because radio shack sells them for 4 dollars, and i think they can handle 10amps or 120 watts from the head unit.

but like he said, if the sound doesnt increase in pitch in tandem with the engine speed, i dont think its alternator noise, it might be the ignition system or something

oh, how stupid of me for not guessing, they did it to save money, adding a circuit inline between the headlight and switch is the easiest thing to do....

if the gain of you amp is set a maximum this can also create noise in the system.

also a great ground to use is a seatbelt bolt

sand away the paint

make sure the ground wire is as short as possible and the same guage as the supply or battery cable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.