I've got a problem...

GreenMachine70
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ARIZONA!
Ok

Ive asked the question before But i Just didnt get the response i was looking for. Now I'm building a custom cabinet for a home audio set-up. and my boss is going to buy my woofers for building the cabinet. I was considering the XXX 15 and i now everyone here just loves them and dont get me wrong I like them too but i've seen a lot of trouble with the tinsle leads. I've narroed it down to three woofers that i like.

XXX15's- well you all know why

DD 9515's- good sub like DD much, yes

and Memphis M3 MOJO's- unbeatable warranty and we have never blown one

it's all going to go into my Old school bronco (1970 baby woot!)

Now last time all i got was "you'll be happy with whatever you get" but i want to know what you would use and why. And just incase you where wondering they will be powered by one...or two Concept HP 2000's and possibly the new 4000w memphis ampo de grande.

I would personally go with the memphis. probably because ive had more experience with them. They can get extreemly loud, and take extreem loads of power all day long. Memphis is my vote

What the hell kind of trouble have you heard about with the XXX and tinsel leads? I've never heard of ANY problems personally, ever since 2001-2002 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

NG

i've heard many good things about the output of the DD's...but the SQ of the XXX is majorly raved about all over...so for output either the DD or the Memphis...and for SQ the XXX...haven't really heard much talk bout the memphis...

DD ok amps? Ive never heard of anyone actually owning one and ive never seen one in person. But their subs are wheres its at if you want something that can just take raw abuse.

Ok I'll try to lay it down Memphis M3's replaced the old HPO's , and which HPO's have owned any mid to below top of the line models I've seen not in SPL records but in sheer SQ and loudness IMO. Sure you can get AValanches and RE and DD but for a bang for the buck with kiler warranty go memphis . I hate to sound like a sales rep but I loved every memphis product I've ever owned.

I really apriciate all of your input and I'm really looking for a loud Daily Driver woofer I've decited to go with the M3 mojo's for there durability and warranty. Our shop had our M3 mojo with 5000 rms to it daily to it and it loved it. Sq wasnt to bad either much better than I had originaly thought. plus most people on this site have the XXX and I like to be different. The dd is a great woofer but dealing with the company can be a nightmare if you damage a sub. thanks again guys.

P.S. Ill get pics of my set-up when its all complete

2-M3 mojos

1-memphis MC16-4KW

and a lot of volume

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Ok I'll try to lay it down Memphis M3's replaced the old HPO's , and which HPO's have owned any mid to below top of the line models I've seen not in SPL records but in sheer SQ and loudness IMO. Sure you can get AValanches and RE and DD but for a bang for the buck with kiler warranty go memphis . I hate to sound like a sales rep but I loved every memphis product I've ever owned.

I love everything from memphis as well, and i dont want to sound like Hank, but i havent seen any bad product from them. Great company

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

GreenMachine70

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
GreenMachine70
ARIZONA!
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date