Items needed for wiring amps to factory stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

JustinT801

CarAudio.com Newbie
DFW
I have a 2018 Nissan Titan. It has 2 speakers in the dash, two in the front and two in the rear doors. It’s not a Rockford system. It just a stock setup no sub or amp.

I’m wanting to put all new speakers. Two - 2 3/4 in the dash. Four - 6x9 component speakers in the doors. Maybe 6 1/2” components in the door. Not sure. Either way, So one six Channel 600 watt amp and one 500 watt mono amp for the sub.
So I’m trying to figure out what all I need for this. Do I need the audio control LC6i for that? Do I run two separate RCA lines from the LC6i? I’m Just confused. I’ve never retained the factory stereo before. So I don’t know the process.

As for speakers, I don’t want hammering bass. My old truck, a Dodge Ram had the alpine factory stereo in it and I loved it. I wished it had better highs back then. But I loved the mids and lows. It sounded like I was surrounded in bass instead of bass coming from a localized spot in the truck. My Titan has nothing. Just crap sound all the way. So I’d like to have that back. So I was looking at either the JBL Club 9600c or the Memphis audio PRX 690c. I’d use one of those in all four doors. Not sure if I’m on the right track with one of those for what I’m going for.

As for subs, highly considering an 8” but may end up with a 10”.

most importantly though, I just need the fundamentals of wiring this up properly. Thanks for any help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.