Items needed for sound system

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi I’m new to this but I’m thinking of replacing my current Sound system on my 2006 chrysler 300. I’ve been watching videos and have been reading installations and how to guides but a lot of them confuse me. My car has I believe a six channel speaker setup two 3.5’s and 4 6x9’s with a factory amp and factory stereo. What will I need to install it and what should I look out for. I’m thinking of just changing the stereo, speakers, and amplifier but no subwoofer at the moment. Any suggestions?

well for 6 speakers u will need a 4 channel amp however we normally don't run rears at all just front speakers and use sub for bass.. just so u know replacing speakers and adding amp may make it louder but u won't get more bass, u could even have less..

well for 6 speakers u will need a 4 channel amp however we normally don't run rears at all just front speakers and use sub for bass.. just so u know replacing speakers and adding amp may make it louder but u won't get more bass, u could even have less..
6 speakers will need a 6 channel amp. not a 4.

Hi I’m new to this but I’m thinking of replacing my current Sound system on my 2006 chrysler 300. I’ve been watching videos and have been reading installations and how to guides but a lot of them confuse me. My car has I believe a six channel speaker setup two 3.5’s and 4 6x9’s with a factory amp and factory stereo. What will I need to install it and what should I look out for. I’m thinking of just changing the stereo, speakers, and amplifier but no subwoofer at the moment. Any suggestions?
I would seriously reconsider that. Most speaker swaps will cause you to lose a lot of bass because aftermarket speakers are built differently rather than the factory paper cone full ranges which are designed to play down to 40hz easy. While most aftermarket midranges play 100hz and above, The only way they will play midbass down to 60-80hz is through turning your door into a proper speaker enclosure with sound deadening.

So yeah a sub will definitely be needed or you'll have a huge gap in the sound.

6 speakers will need a 6 channel amp. not a 4.

I would seriously reconsider that. Most speaker swaps will cause you to lose a lot of bass because aftermarket speakers are built differently rather than the factory paper cone full ranges which are designed to play down to 40hz easy. While most aftermarket midranges play 100hz and above, The only way they will play midbass down to 60-80hz is through turning your door into a proper speaker enclosure with sound deadening.

So yeah a sub will definitely be needed or you'll have a huge gap in the sound.
he can use a 4 channel if running 2 channels at 2 ohms and 2 channels to other 2 speakers or just powering 4 speakers with amp and 2 on hu., or not using rears as i said and adding sub and 2nd amp.. as both of us said not gonna get more bass just amping speakers

he can use a 4 channel if running 2 channels at 2 ohms and 2 channels to other 2 speakers or just powering 4 speakers with amp and 2 on hu., or not using rears as i said and adding sub and 2nd amp.. as both of us said not gonna get more bass just amping speakers
just because you can do it doesnt mean its a good idea. You always need individual volume level control for a proper blend and soundstage. You dont hook 3.5s and 6x9s to the same channel and expect good results. Thats some ghetto @ss sh*t right there.

Could it be ideal for me to do a 4 channel amp for the 6x9’s and a two channel amp for the 3.5’s?

It’s probably a stupid question but I don’t have much experience in audio lol

Could it be ideal for me to do a 4 channel amp for the 6x9’s and a two channel amp for the 3.5’s? It’s probably a stupid question but I don’t have much experience in audio lol
yes that will work if the 4 chan and 2 chan are cheaper than a 6 channel., more 4 and 2 channel amps for sure.. that said trust us u better off with 4 chan on front speakers forget rears and get mono amp for a 12 even in sealed box would be better than just making speakers louder with no bass..

just because you can do it doesnt mean its a good idea. You always need individual volume level control for a proper blend and soundstage. You dont hook 3.5s and 6x9s to the same channel and expect good results. Thats some ghetto @ss sh*t right there.
lol

Could it be ideal for me to do a 4 channel amp for the 6x9’s and a two channel amp for the 3.5’s? It’s probably a stupid question but I don’t have much experience in audio lol
how much u looking to spend on amps?

No it’s a Chrysler 300 and I’m not trying to get a high end system I’m just trying to upgrade the factory “premium” sound system as it’s starting to give out on me

I would my budget would probably be around $500

I’m thinking I keeping the stereo and just upgrade the speakers and add an amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.