Sds Showdown Deadener Installation.

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassDrop

Senior VIP Member
Hello guys. Today Ill be installing sound deadener on my truck. I already installed the CLD tiles on my truck about 3 months ago but never installed the Foam nor the Vinil. I tried but i got frustrated & teared all the **** down cus it didnt fit lol. Today ill be redoing it since i Finally have a week off. Thing is my truck has this lil pieces in the door pannel they,re kind of like foam to reduce vibrations I guess. Should I remobe them or keep them?Also anybody who done it before have any tips? Ill try to take pics once I remobe the door panels.

My cars roof and trunk had some "sound dampening" material. It wasn't anything like what us car audio guys use. It was more like cork board and was just glued on.

Before I sound dampened my car I removed all of it. The deadener probably wouldn't have adhered properly to it.

Some cars will use different stuff so it depends.

Hello guys. Today Ill be installing sound deadener on my truck. I already installed the CLD tiles on my truck about 3 months ago but never installed the Foam nor the Vinil. I tried but i got frustrated & teared all the **** down cus it didnt fit lol. Today ill be redoing it since i Finally have a week off. Thing is my truck has this lil pieces in the door pannel they,re kind of like foam to reduce vibrations I guess. Should I remobe them or keep them?Also anybody who done it before have any tips? Ill try to take pics once I remobe the door panels.
To make it all fit the foam pieces provided by the factory almost certainly need to come out. The purpose of those is to decouple, and to do that requires contact.

Take this job slowly as it will just anger you if the door panel won't fit and you do some hacks to just force it on haphazardly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.