It Died!

Cmonster
10+ year member

Very Lost Soul
So Cal
Turned on the truck today and ... no music. My Alpine IVA-W203 was frozen on 87.7 fm and volume on 0. No controls worked, not even via the remote. Red power light flashes quickly. Nothing has worked to fix it: reset, disconnecting it, etc. So it's coming out and going back. Should have the new one with a week. I hope.

Any ideas on what may have happened? Has this happened to anyone else?

weird. maybe an internal problem? idk alpine makes some great HU's that generally last a long time.
I'd be more inclined to say they used to make great HUs that lasted a long time. I wouldn't waste my money on newer Alpine stuff. I do have a handful of 2005 and older Alpines.

got a 7998 or 7897? pm me if ya do.
Nice units, but unfortunately no. I have a 9855, 9827, 9807, 7828, and I sold my 9853 about 3 months ago. If I'm not mistaken, that 7998 has no internal amp. Correct? I remember looking extensively into that one when I first started with car audio way back when. I was like 16 wishing I could get one of them. That thing was like $800 on Crutchfield. I had no clue as to what type of potential it had, but I wanted it. By the time I could afford any of it, I was able to get the 9853. I later upgraded to a 9855 (which I still use in my truck). Some of those older units I mentioned I just picked up along the way. I don't believe I have the 7828 laying around anymore, but I'd have to look. The 9827 is on "permanent loan" to my cousin right now and the 9807 is resting in a box under my bed. I switched over to Pioneer for my car and honestly, I don't think I'd look back, at least not for any new Alpines.

Nice units, but unfortunately no. I have a 9855, 9827, 9807, 7828, and I sold my 9853 about 3 months ago. If I'm not mistaken, that 7998 has no internal amp. Correct? I remember looking extensively into that one when I first started with car audio way back when. I was like 16 wishing I could get one of them. That thing was like $800 on Crutchfield. I had no clue as to what type of potential it had, but I wanted it. By the time I could afford any of it, I was able to get the 9853. I later upgraded to a 9855 (which I still use in my truck). Some of those older units I mentioned I just picked up along the way. I don't believe I have the 7828 laying around anymore, but I'd have to look. The 9827 is on "permanent loan" to my cousin right now and the 9807 is resting in a box under my bed. I switched over to Pioneer for my car and honestly, I don't think I'd look back, at least not for any new Alpines.
so u like pioneer better? im probably gonna upgrade my HU when i upgrade my set up. an was lookin at alpine but if u like pioneer better i'll keep my options open

take it out the dash and look over everything back there, check out the fuse too, you never know..

could also try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it to reset everything.

so u like pioneer better? im probably gonna upgrade my HU when i upgrade my set up. an was lookin at alpine but if u like pioneer better i'll keep my options open
As far as new head units go, yes, I like Pioneer better. As far as what I like overall, I'm not sure. I do really like my 9855, however, my 800PRS is simply amazing. If you want to go new, I'd probably go with Pioneer or Kenwood Excelon. I hear some really good things about the JVC stuff nowadays as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.