Issue with my sub and/or Amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a Boss Monoblock R2000M installed, running to two JL Audio 12s. I've had them for about a year and a half, never really had a problem. They run to my Pioneer AVH-x2700BS.

I turned the car on, and uncharacteristically the subs hummed the second I turned the car on (before the radio even turned on). Thought it was weird, but it was like 4am and I didn't have time to check on them so I just turned the control knob all the way down and drove out of the parking lot. About a minute - 2 mins later as I reach the stop sign, they start going nuts. The subs didn't sound blown, but the radio was paused and they just wouldn't stop bumping. So I turned the car off quickly, popped the trunk and popped out the RCA cables out of the amp to make sure it'd stop playing. Haven't looked at it or touched it since (this was 2 days ago). I figured I'd ask for any recommendations before I went and started messing with stuff. I'm assuming I possibly blew a fuse in the amp, but the more I think about it I'd figure the amp wouldn't work at all if that was the case?

i had a similar experience when i had my basslink sub with built in amp while i was driving to work one day. scared me pretty good as it was out of nowhere. the built in amp went and that was that. i had humming and then the sub went bonkers and then no more worky lol.

More than likely the amp has issues.Id remove the sub wiring from the amp and test your subs with a DMM together and seperately to make sure they are still fine/not damaged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.