Issue With Kenwood Head Unit Auxiliary Input

Participant count
  • Participant list

kidcryptid

What's up guys - I have got an issue with the auxiliary input on my Kenwood HU. It's an older model (a KDC-X693 to be exact) but it's in good condition and has been working perfectly.

The issue I'm running across is when I plug any 3.5mm auxiliary cable into the back of the HU in the input, nothing happens. For the device, I'm just using my Android cell phone. My phone recognizes that I have plugged a cable into the auxiliary port (and I know this because it displays the headphones icon in the task bar), but in the source list of my HU I don't see auxiliary as an option anywhere.

Does anyone have even the slightest clue as to what I can try? It should be as simple as plug and play. I've tried multiple cables and two different devices and still I never get auxiliary as an option in the source list. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.