Really Need Help Wiring Subs To Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

creutzfeldt

Alright, I am really uneducated when it comes to wiring subs to an amp and so on. I focused on computers as a kid, and none it it makes sense to me, so im looking for some professional help.

I currently am in possession of:

1x Monoblock Zeus3000 hifonics amp

2x Old Alpine Type r's 12" 800 RMS max subs in a dual vented enclosure

2x NEW Alpine Type r's 12" 1000 RMS max subs in a dual vented enclosure.

I recently bought the new subs because i was planning on selling my old ones, but i never got around to it, and for how well they work, i wouldn't mind taking advantage of them.

I received the Zeus brand new from a friend, who did not need or want it.

Icurrently have a ton of room in my truck and can hold both enclosures in it, and i was wondering what is the BEST possible thing i can do with these subs? I have NO idea what type of Voice coils they are, but both places i got them said they can all run 1 ohm. Is it possible to wire both boxes 1 ohm to the amp? Should I? Should i buy a 3 sub box? I am looking for some opinions as to what the best thing i can do with these. (buy another amp for the other box, ect) I just want some opinions of what other people would do, or how it can be done. It would be greatly appreciated! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

u don't want to mix and match subs like that...pull the subs out of the box and check the coil configuration .. it will say dual 2 or dual 4 ohm ...If they are all dual4 then I would use the 2 newer type r.s ..easy to wire to 1 ohm ..take all the positves together and run to pos on amp ..then take all the negatives and run to negative on the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.