Amp Wiring Help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

leamprotan

Canada
Hey I've got a kenwood 4 channel KAC 8405 amp running a pair of alpine 6.5 type r's and 6x9 alpine type s. I've also got a pair of 3 1/2 infinity tweeters running 75 peak 25rms I dont have anymore room

in the back of my head unit for a pair of rcas to run a separate amp for the tweeters so I was wondering whether I should split the rca coming out of the and run another amp off that or if I should splice them onto the 4 channel amp off the 6.5" speaker wire. What would be the best option? Will that rob power from my 6.5" speakers if I splice them in?

I dont know how to post anything on here yet but im having trouble hooking up my subs and amp. I hooked up my power cord and ground correctly. I ran my speaker wire into my amp and my remote wire from the pcon to an unused slot on my stereo hookups. I ran my rca jacks from the front of my factory cd player because it has some on front. When I take a small piece of wire and touch my pcon and positive from the power cord I can barely hear it. Any suggestions? 2 12 imch subs 1100 watts w 745 watt Kenwood amp. Thanks

Hey I've got a kenwood 4 channel KAC 8405 amp running a pair of alpine 6.5 type r's and 6x9 alpine type s. I've also got a pair of 3 1/2 infinity tweeters running 75 peak 25rms I dont have anymore room in the back of my head unit for a pair of rcas to run a separate amp for the tweeters so I was wondering whether I should split the rca coming out of the and run another amp off that or if I should splice them onto the 4 channel amp off the 6.5" speaker wire. What would be the best option? Will that rob power from my 6.5" speakers if I splice them in?
I'd get another very small amp with the HPF set appropriately for the frequency range of those tweets, you can't just splice into your speaker wire because I'm guessing you have the type r coax speakers, and you don't want to send those tweeters the lower frequencies your 6.5's are able to produce...

I'd get another very small amp with the HPF set appropriately for the frequency range of those tweets, you can't just splice into your speaker wire because I'm guessing you have the type r coax speakers, and you don't want to send those tweeters the lower frequencies your 6.5's are able to produce...
Yeah that was my initial idea. So If I split the rca coming from my 6.5 or even my 6x9 to go to the new smaller amp will that rob power from my other speakers?

Yeah that was my initial idea. So If I split the rca coming from my 6.5 or even my 6x9 to go to the new smaller amp will that rob power from my other speakers?

Get some component xovers off ebay.problem solved
- I initially thought this would be a good solution too, but he is running coax speakers, so NOT a very good idea unless he is going to disconnect and direct lead the mid woofer & built-in (coax) tweeters individually and then hook them up to the x-over properly, so that's not just a simple "drop in & done - problem solved" solution for the OP...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.