Issue with a Seller, need input

Participant count
  • Participant list

djvi0lent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ok, so I bought a sundown 2500d v1 from someone on caco and I received it with a bent rca output. The metal end casing of the amp it connects through is bent inward as well. Also, the protect light is bent inside of the case and doesn't protrude through the factory hole at all. The seller listed the amp in "Flawless Condition". He claims the amp wasn't like this when he sent it, but I've gone through his older for sale thread for the amp and I can see that it is indeed bent, and can clearly see the protect light not protruding. You may also notice the gain control is practically touching the top of its hole and can see the gap below it. His photos are below, and so are the ones I took when I received it. Also, in my photos the one of the amp in the box and the giant gap to the right of the amp, this is how I received it.. meaning the amp was able to slide back and forth a couple of inches during shipping, so maybe it was bent more during shipping? Do you guys see that it's bent in his photo? What do I do in this situation? What would you do? The guy has great feedback.. so I didn't pay super close attention to the photos. I paid $440 for this amp and wouldn't have paid a penny over $350 had I known about these issues. How much is this damage worth? Please, let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Newer for sale thread

Older for sale thread

His pics

s8MiGM9.jpg

My pics

DSC09877.jpg

DSC09878.jpg

DSC09903.jpg

Also, the seller claims these are only cosmetic issues and doesn't need repairing, but I've tried plugging in an rca cable into the bent output and it will not go in it's hole.. so if I ever want to use the outputs of this amp it will have to be repaired.

I would return it.

I'm considering that.. but it's such a pain in the butt to do so for me. Do you agree that the rca output looks bent in his original pictures?

And anyone else that replies, please say whether or not you can see that it's bent in his photos.

its hard to tell for me, his pics are pretty dark but it does look like the protection light was pushed in before you even got it

return it and tell him to ship things right next time. you should never level space between the amp sides and the box. pool noodles or any soft material taped to the end caps are the way to go

Sounds like your unhappy with your purchase from this user. I'm on caco quite frequently and never seen him around threads. I looked at his pics before shipping and yours, after shipping and they're the same. The RCA's aren't bent, it's the side metal that somehow got dented which explains why the RCA's are at a slight angle. Look where it says BR Output and you'll see what I mean. The fact that he said he babied the amp and is perfect all around...a complete lie. If so, none of what you mentioned would be obvious to the eye. He pretty much *lied* in his f/s thread.

Also, I would not have shipped the amp the condition he had it in. I myself would triple box it and made dam sure it didn't move around. Trust me I know. I'm an ex UPS unloader so I saw what goes on in those distribution centers.

All that said, you got a few choices. If your good with your hands and trust yourself, those things can be fixed by you. Prob have to open up the amp and see if those items can be fixed by you. That little led light could be as simple as being pushed back into normal position. The bent side metal panel where the RCA's area can be bent back into shape. Might have to do something creative to do so. OR....contact seller and tell them you want your $$ back, unsatisfied with your purchase.

I got fooled just like this on a amp. He said that the amp was in great condition, and when I received it the amp was not as described. There's not much you can do but try to file a PayPal claim, and hope they see it your way. Because if he's not trying to make it right with you it's going to be hard to get anything!! It's people like this make it hard for us to buy with confidence without being face to face I'm starting not to trust buying big dollar items on these sites. GOOD LUCK BRO!!

I would ask Jacob how much it would cost to repair, if he does that stuff. And then I would calculate shipping costs to send to Sundown and back. Then I would ask for price as a refund. Or a full refund and the seller pays shipping back.

I would ask Jacob how much it would cost to repair, if he does that stuff. And then I would calculate shipping costs to send to Sundown and back. Then I would ask for price as a refund. Or a full refund and the seller pays shipping back.
You really think that the guy that he brought the amp from is going to pay any attention to this? No because if he was a stand up guy it wouldn't be a thread on it. When dealing with a person that's not about their word on These sites it's a hit or miss!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.