CarAudio.com Newbie
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Apr 3, 2021
North Carolina
Price
Was Photo Included
Yes
Looking to purchase 2 Epic 8s or 2 TC 1000 8 inch subwoofer. Also looking for 2 15 inch cones with 3 inch coil opening, 2 10 inch spiders, and 2 3 inch voice coils.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Rating - 100% 
15   0   0
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Coils to fit which motor? I think I have one or two 10" spiders here (without built in tinsels). I do not know of anybody who still has OEM aluminum cones and you will pay dearly for them if you can find someone who still has some old stock.

ciaonzo

TheContinental
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Rating - 100% 
28   0   0
Feb 1, 2009
WI
Coils to fit which motor? I think I have one or two 10" spiders here (without built in tinsels). I do not know of anybody who still has OEM aluminum cones and you will pay dearly for them if you can find someone who still has some old stock.
Hey, you should check your shocker coil thread. There were a few of us asking questions, not sure how your notifications are set up. I might want a pair of those.

ACOM

CarAudio.com Newbie
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Apr 3, 2021
North Carolina
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The inner ID is 74.47 and the OD is 87.60, i am happy with non-original cones as long as they arent very thin.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Rating - 100% 
15   0   0
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Hey, you should check your shocker coil thread. There were a few of us asking questions, not sure how your notifications are set up. I might want a pair of those.
I only get notified for PMs here, did ship some coils to a fella in Alaska, I'll take a look at that thread.
The inner ID is 74.47 and the OD is 87.60, i am happy with non-original cones as long as they arent very thin.
My calipers are in inches. Can you do ID and OD in inches or just say which motor?
Lord of Bass has a fair selection of cones that seem to be fair quality. Pierce Audio makes a carbon fiber cone that has the tall roll surround similar to much of the old TC stuff which may perform much like those. If you don't break subs often that may be worth the extra money.

ACOM

CarAudio.com Newbie
Rating - 0% 
0   0   0
Apr 3, 2021
North Carolina
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only get notified for PMs here, did ship some coils to a fella in Alaska, I'll take a look at that thread.

My calipers are in inches. Can you do ID and OD in inches or just say which motor?
Lord of Bass has a fair selection of cones that seem to be fair quality. Pierce Audio makes a carbon fiber cone that has the tall roll surround similar to much of the old TC stuff which may perform much like those. If you don't break subs often that may be worth the extra money.
Not sure what the motor is, its similar to what comes on a lightning audio storm subwoofer. Im assuming a tc9? but i am unsure what exactly it is. ID converted is 2.931 inches and OD converted is 3.448 inches.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Rating - 100% 
15   0   0
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Not sure what the motor is, its similar to what comes on a lightning audio storm subwoofer. Im assuming a tc9? but i am unsure what exactly it is. ID converted is 2.931 inches and OD converted is 3.448 inches.
LA Storm is 3HP motor. I have coils to fit TC9 here but the ID is too tight for 3hp on the ID and all the 3hp subs I know of used an 8 layer (mine are 4).
Patrick over to Robot Underground has sold me coils to fit those in the past which have built nice subs and I know Springfield Speaker Repair should have some but I haven't been able to get a reply from them or anybody to answer the phone since lockdowns happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds