Island precision audio 15

going down to 13.5v shouldn’t cause it to get hot. How hot we talking here? Can you keep your hand on it or is it too hot for that. Mine doesn’t get hot enough to where I can’t touch it. Now that it’s getting cold it really doesn’t get that hot at all. In the summer different story.
I had a skar amp once that always ran hot. It was also the fastest amp to fail. 😬

i checked out fedex and it’s $40 cheaper than ups. I’ll be using them from now on! I like shipping 8’s cause you can get them babies in a flat rate box lol. I got a bunch I have to build and that’s the way they will go. You definitely lucked out cause it seems the shipping costs have nearly doubled!
Well thats nice. I wonder if the delivery area affects it. Like if ups is cheaper in certain states. I dont know enough about shipping lol. Hahaha flat rate boxes. They're kicking themselves in the ass every time they pick one of those 8's up 🤣

Delivery area does make a difference and I tried 4 different states and fedex is always cheaper it seems. At 23-24 pounds an 8, I just looked and flat rate won’t work 😢. The box is only 6” deep so fedex it will be for those as well. I’m already committed on a few so I’ll just eat the added cost which is no biggie.

Well thats nice. I wonder if the delivery area affects it. Like if ups is cheaper in certain states. I dont know enough about shipping lol. Hahaha flat rate boxes. They're kicking themselves in the *** every time they pick one of those 8's up 🤣

Which style amazing goop are you using?
Original recipe or Shoe goop. There's a team up here that does some impressive SPL builds and they use shoe goop for everything on their rebuilds.

CA glue is very effective at surround to frame but has about zero work time before it's never coming off without an angle grinder so there is that. Springfield sent me some glue a few years back I tried which was good but I prefer the instantaneous bond from CA with activator.

Original recipe or Shoe goop. There's a team up here that does some impressive SPL builds and they use shoe goop for everything on their rebuilds.

CA glue is very effective at surround to frame but has about zero work time before it's never coming off without an angle grinder so there is that. Springfield sent me some glue a few years back I tried which was good but I prefer the instantaneous bond from CA with activator.

i need that work time for the surrounds as I’m so use to it just by habit how I do it if I used CA I’ll be screwing it up and probably gluing myself to the sub as well lol. I’ve used E6000 black for surrounds and dust caps for years but switched 7 years ago. I was a custom rifle builder and had custom made expoxies to glass bed stocks. Made some good contacts and had something made just like E6000 with about 700 more psi of strength but when it dries it’s a little harder than E6000. What I liked is it saved me money and comes in the same size tubes to use in a caulking gun.

Been running this sub for 6 weeks now in a sealed enclosure. One of the more impressive sealed subwoofers I’ve used. Building a ported enclosure for it this week. 3.75 cubes at 30 HZ. It seems to be very well suited in its sealed enclosure so I thought I would shoot for a lower port tuning and see how it does. I don’t have any TS parameters to model it, so it will be a little trial and error doing it ported. 3.75 seemed like a decent middle ground to start with in comparison to other 15 inch systems I’ve modeled and built.

Been running this sub for 6 weeks now in a sealed enclosure. One of the more impressive sealed subwoofers I’ve used. Building a ported enclosure for it this week. 3.75 cubes at 30 HZ. It seems to be very well suited in its sealed enclosure so I thought I would shoot for a lower port tuning and see how it does. I don’t have any TS parameters to model it, so it will be a little trial and error doing it ported. 3.75 seemed like a decent middle ground to start with in comparison to other 15 inch systems I’ve modeled and built.

I’m still waiting for TS specs lol. I know they have the sub currently. Your sub is pretty nasty in that size box ported. Should get the vision blurry lol. I’ve been doing a ton of custom builds as it seems everyone wants things tailored in some way. Im currently doing a nice size batch of 12’s made strictly for ported setups and all out spl. These things take a lot of time to build but are pretty sweet! Starting to mill the retaining rings and carbon fiber cone covers now for those that wanted those options and will start building them once I’m done with the machining. I got the notification the coils are on the way as well. I should have a few left over as almost the entire batch is spoken for. 3” 8 layer coils and I rate them at 2200-2300 rms but have beaten the snot out of them with as much as 3k each with no issues. I’m definitely gonna have you build me a single 12 box for one to my specs as I’m gonna do demo car with just one in it. Matter a fact I’m gonna PM you now to get a price lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...