Is woofersetc a legit place to buy from

NP man.

IF it were my money, I would go with the Rainbow SLCs. They have a great tweeter (CAL25), and Rainbow makes great products in general. Plus, 6spdcoupe is a great guy to deal with.

As for the 8" subs, you would go with a pair of AA Assassins. Great company, great products, you get a warranty, and they are pretty affordable (I got quoted $200 shipped for a pair from my closest dealer). Definitely better than those punches

I am now thinking of getting a single 12" JL Audio sub, 12W3 V2 D4 to go with the Alpine PDX5 amp. I don't need anything that's gonna blow my car windows to bits, just something to balance the rest of the system.

I am now thinking of getting a single 12" JL Audio sub, 12W3 V2 D4 to go with the Alpine PDX5 amp. I don't need anything that's gonna blow my car windows to bits, just something to balance the rest of the system.
Meh, I've heard the W3s and wasn't impressed. If you are more concerned about it blending in, maybe go with a single 8 ported. The Assassin would still work nicely. You could go with a Critical Mass SS82 as well (a little pricey, but they make great stuff from what I hear)

the lowest line of RF subs are terrible

mid to upper lines are nice but the punch series is just awful

I like the JL sub, more of an even sound,no real peaks in fq

why not hit up some shops and try subs out?

Bought some amps from there, great price, quick customer service, pretty fast shipping. Phoned me same day when they needed to add extra shipping charges due to my location being north o da border. overall good stuff.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

tried going through onlinecarstereo and CS took 4 business days to get back to me with one question while woofersetc took 6 hours to answer.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I emailed woffersetc customer service dept 2 weeks ago to see if they would price match audiosavings prices on RE subs and I still have yet to recieve an answer...**** em

authorized RE Audio dealer too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i wouldn't buy from them though, extremely high markup.

RE XXX components right now are a good deal (for RE)...but i heard they weren't that great compared to others (hertz, rainbow, etc)

I'm torn between the Focal's now and the Diamond Hex for 6.5 comps.

One strange thing is that some of their Ebay auctions are like half as much for the same

speakers that are on their website. What's up with that?

I too read the post on here about some places having the SN's scratched off, and the Malaysian knockoff's. But their Ebay rating is stellar so don't you think someone would have caught that already seeing as the Focal crowd are probably a bit more sophisticated than the average "Pyramid" gang out there?

Great Company, Great Customer Service, Fast Shipping, Great Product Selection, and Good Prices. They don't sell fakes no matter what people want you to believe. I've bought tons of stuff from them....so have many many many many members on here.

Guys,
Im planning on getting the following from woofersetc as they had some great pricing. Are they a legit company? Especially for Focal speakers?

PDX-5 - Alpine 5 Ch 600 Watt Digital Power Amplifier PDX5

Item#: 77395 $419.99 $419.99

165-V1 - Focal 165V1 Polyglass 6.5" 2 Way Component Speakers

Item#: 74111 $259.99 $259.99

165CA1 - Focal 6.5" 2 Way Coaxial Speakers

Item#: 74946 $159.99 $159.99

P2D48 - Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 2 4-Ohm 8" Subwoofer P2D4 8

Item#: 77112 $69.99 $69.99

Subtotal: $909.96
http://zapco.com/beware.php

http://www.focal-america.com/salesdisclaimer/salesdisclaimer.html

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/dealer_locator/locator.php?buy=Authorized

Should've searched first.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Me as well as my brother have been buying from Woofersetc for years with no problems at all. Great selection, fast shippng and a lot cheaper compared to all my local shops.

I am currenty running ID subs, ID comps in one of my cars and CDT comp and JL subs and amps in my other all purchaed from Woofersetc.

Research ID subs they are super clean and the CDT comps can come with Titanuim tweeters since you like the harsher sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.