Is woofersetc a legit place to buy from

ymee
10+ year member

Guys,

Im planning on getting the following from woofersetc as they had some great pricing. Are they a legit company? Especially for Focal speakers?

PDX-5 - Alpine 5 Ch 600 Watt Digital Power Amplifier PDX5

Item#: 77395 $419.99 $419.99

165-V1 - Focal 165V1 Polyglass 6.5" 2 Way Component Speakers

Item#: 74111 $259.99 $259.99

165CA1 - Focal 6.5" 2 Way Coaxial Speakers

Item#: 74946 $159.99 $159.99

P2D48 - Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 2 4-Ohm 8" Subwoofer P2D4 8

Item#: 77112 $69.99 $69.99

Subtotal: $909.96

since they are now CDT and ID authorized dealers i dont see why you wouldnt buy from them...they are legit and they do their own warranty if they arent authorized dealer of the stuff you want... about the 5 channel? why...why not go to elemental designs and pick up their nine.5 if you want a 5 channel its cheaper and way more cost effective.

good place to order from, never had any problems

they will most likey "upgrade" your set of CDTs if you do that

pretty much everytime ive orered a set , I get the next step up

i bought 2 crossfire amps last year from them, new 800prs last week and 2 sets of cdt components also. Ordered my wifes amp and her last subs there also. No problems, all packaged well and shipped fast

thanks guys, I guess the only question is if the focal speakers they are selling are legit or not......read some thread on here about how the serial numbers were scratched off etc.

For that price, you could get some CDTs or IDs from them that would be comprable and would be authorized.

You could also grab a pair of Rainbow SLCs from http://www.premier-audio.com or a member on here named 6spdcoupe for around that price authorized as well.

I would personally go with one of those options. Focal tends to have pretty bright tweeters, bordering on harsh IIRC

I enjoy a slightly bright tweeter to be honest, I don't think the focal's are as bright as the Infinity Kappa's which I was going to go with initially.

I enjoy a slightly bright tweeter to be honest, I don't think the focal's are as bright as the Infinity Kappa's which I was going to go with initially.
Definitely not nearly as bad as the Infinitys. If you have heard the Focals and like the sound, by all means go with them. Woofersetc definitely isn't selling knockoffs, so if you aren't worried about a manufacturer's warranty, go for it. Wouldn't be my personal choice, especially with the sets you can get authorized in that price range, but what works for me might not necessarily work for you (for instance, if you like a little brightness in the tweets, stay away from CDT. They have very smooth silk tweets)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.