Is this vented box too small...

Probably 150-200 since you're putting it in an F150 and it's not a normal box. A sheet of birch plywood is usually around $50-80. All you need is a circular saw, jigsaw and a drill to make one on your own. If you buy the wood from a specialty lumber store they will usually cut the pieces for you (for a few extra $$$) at that point you just need to assemble it. I've built boxes in the living room of apartments so there's no excuse for not having the space to do it. The hardest part in a diy build is designing the box, but there are plenty of resources out there to help.

[quote name='apeterson26']I just dont understand why do they even make prebuilt ported enclosures if they are that bad[/QUOTE]

It's been discussed many times over and over again. @Jeffdachef you wanna take this one?

I understand everything you all have shared with me, under the circumstances im going to have to deal with a fox box for a little while and learn from these mistakes, i will build my own box next build. I am going to try it with my current shallow mounts and cab 1600.1 amp if it sounds like garbage which at this point from all the research ive done past few days is most likely. Reading reviews is apparently a waste of time. If i have to raise my seat thats no problem i am a pipefitter by trade and can fab anything i need.

Try looking on Craigslist and/or Offerup. Sometimes box builders advertise there to gain business and will work with you on your wants/needs and should beat prices compared to those other shops that offer 2-3x more $$.

I understand everything you all have shared with me, under the circumstances im going to have to deal with a fox box for a little while and learn from these mistakes, i will build my own box next build. I am going to try it with my current shallow mounts and cab 1600.1 amp if it sounds like garbage which at this point from all the research ive done past few days is most likely. Reading reviews is apparently a waste of time. If i have to raise my seat thats no problem i am a pipefitter by trade and can fab anything i need.
So not true.

Yep i fell for the banana in the tail pipe, lesson learned.
Look, we all know holiday season is here. I understand your after bass right now and just want something to get ya by. But later on, sounds like you have it planned out, once these holidays are gone, def try and get one built or have one built. It'll be a night and day difference between that and a custom built one. You'll notice songs that has that bassline didn't play on the prefab, actually hear it on the custom box. If your gonna build it, do you have the necessary tools to do so?

Yea i have a table saw and screw gun here at the house, wood glue and counter sink also. Building it is no problem. I am generally not that gullable but 2 local car audio shops and all the reviews pointed me towards buying it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.