Is this too much power for my electrical system

pudgewack
10+ year member

KCMO
I am trying to plan out my SQ system, but I think that I have ran into a problem. I want to be sure that I will not put too much strain my electrical system. I have a 99 Honda Civic EX. Here is my plan:

Memphis 16-MC1000D - 1100w x 1 @ 1 ohm pushing 1 eD e12a.22 (sealed box)

Memphis 16-MC3004 - 75w x 4 @ 4 ohm pushing Diamond Hex 6.5 comps and possibly some rear fill (undecided about getting rear fill)

I have already ordered a 150 amp alternater. When I get and install the alt, I will put at least a 4 gauge wire from the alt to a Yellow Top battery.

Will I have enough power to power the system that I am wanting? Any input would be greatly appretiated (sp).

Thanks,

Matt

You will have plenty. You did the right thing by upgrading the alt first //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

I agree with the upgraded alternator. After you install everything take it to a alternator shop and have them check your current draw with your radio up loud and make sure it is less than 150 amps.

I believe your normal current draw is around 50 to 75 amps right now (with a/c) and you are adding another 50 amp or so draw so you should be good.

I think by upgrading the alternator u shouldnt have any probs with that system.That and a yellow top make a nice combination in any system.

Good luck man.Should work out good.U never want to put alot of drag on ur stock electrical system.Let us know how it works out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.