Is this subwoofer going to be ok?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sorry I will post up another picture or 2 of it... Its looking through the magnet vent hole.. Magnet goes straight down and then the silver pole piece seems to be off allignment a little bit.

Well I just got it in the mail on Saturday and im building a box now for it. The sundown dealer that sold it says that they put there subs through a test before they ship them. I was just worried when I saw that its off about 1/8 of an inch

Well email the company first immediately, then sample it and listen if it sounds fine don't worry. Chances are it'll be good. If you can hear a rub sound, that'd be a chance the voice coil is rubbing. Pay attention to hear it. Then you'll have to email the company again and see about exchanging..

the sa series pole pieces are glued down to the back plate instead of being machined as one piece. It could very well be shifted. but, hey, its bstock. what else do you expect.

NEVER EVER look a sa sub in the bunghole!

what ur seeing is a silver alum shorting ring, its normal.

rangerdanger, you made me lmfao!!! a pole glued to the back plate?

As Corey mentioned the pole cap is a separate piece and there is some tolerance for it so you may see it to one side slightly. There is room around the OD as well so it won't interfere with the gap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.