Is this SQ system

HNaga
10+ year member

Cairo
I 'm thinking about gradually replacing my system

Please advise , to go or not to go , and your other recommendations are most welcome

Current

1-Alpine CDA-9887

2-Infinity Kappa 63.7i (Front)

3-Infinity Reference 9613i (Rear)

4-JBL CS60.4.

Future

1-Alpine CDA-9887 with KTX-100EQ

2-Alpine SPX-17REF component speakers (Front)

3-Alpine SPX-13REF component speakers (read)

4-Alpine PDX-4.150

5-Alpine SWX-1043D 10" subwoofer.

6-Alpine PDX-1.1000 Mono Power Density Digital Amplifier

I guess it will be SQ system but I'm not sure if all All components are Alpine is good or bad?

imo its a nice daily driving setup.

it should sound good though.

i would not get any rear fill and spend the money for a better set of components.

imo its a nice daily driving setup.
it should sound good though.

i would not get any rear fill and spend the money for a better set of components.
This.

However, if you're a true SQ fanatic, you won't really have that strong of a sub stage... so a rear fill will give it a nice full quality if you have it at sort of an angled set-up where each set is in a corner of the car facing toward the listener...

But, it depends on your car. For a coupe, having a rear fill is dumb. But for like an SUV, it's helpful.

But, it's almost always better to ditch a rear fill and spend the money on a front stage.

Two $50 dollar speaker sets won't sound as good as one $100 dollar speaker set.

This.
However, if you're a true SQ fanatic, you won't really have that strong of a sub stage... so a rear fill will give it a nice full quality if you have it at sort of an angled set-up where each set is in a corner of the car facing toward the listener...

But, it depends on your car. For a coupe, having a rear fill is dumb. But for like an SUV, it's helpful.

But, it's almost always better to ditch a rear fill and spend the money on a front stage.

Two $50 dollar speaker sets won't sound as good as one $100 dollar speaker set.
My car is Opel Astra Sedan.

I'm not interested in loud system , I love detailed pure sound.

Fucker beat me too it....... yea I agree but you dont have to go active. You could just bi-amp the components.
You don't have to, but the benefits far outweigh any downsides, especially if he's interested in SQ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So you see that I'd better have SPX-17PRO instead of SPX-17REF

and leave Infinity Reference 9613i? or remove them?

BTW , what kind of sub box is better for 10" sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.