Is this okay? Help. Amp and Sub math????!!!!

Interversion

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 4 Pioneer 12" 600 rms TS- W3003D4 pushing with a Skar Audio SKv2 1500.1D Monoblock Running all at one ohm Do i need more or less power? They run fine but im trying to make sure my math is correct or that im doing it right, it should be under if im correct but im not sure and i dont want to ruin my Subs or Amp.

pickle.jpg

Also... 4 D4 subs don't wire to 1 ohm.

You need to check your wiring. A 1 ohm load is not possible with four d4 subwoofers.

[/URL]
You wanna place bets on what he's actually wired to?
I was gonna go with .5 ohms but the skar amp should've blown by now.

OP in respect of your original question -
Buy a bigger amp. But before you do, read, read, read and educate yourself. You can run .5 ohms or 2 ohms. 2 ohms is safer if you're not experienced in what your doing and/or dont have serious electrical upgrades to back it up.. So you'd need something that does 2400 at 2 ohms. Like a 4k amp.

Ps, probably look outside of skar for a quality amp.

I have 4 Pioneer 12" 600 rms TS- W3003D4 pushing with a Skar Audio SKv2 1500.1D Monoblock Running all at one ohm Do i need more or less power? They run fine but im trying to make sure my math is correct or that im doing it right, it should be under if im correct but im not sure and i dont want to ruin my Subs or Amp.
It won't wire to 1ohm like others have said.

That amp supposedly does 930 watts at 2 ohm would should be fine assuming your keeping stock alternator (you can buy a badass 5000 watt amp but if your cars electrical can only create 30 or 40amps of power then there's literally no point, you'll end up with the same result as your current amp at 2ohms)

Sell that amp and buy a Taramps Smart3 amp and you'll be fine. Wire your subs to two ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...