Is this JL sub any good?

I think I'm just gonna get this sub guys. I'll replace it later down the road when I've forgotten how much money I wasted on it -__^

Could anyone recommend me a sufficient amp for it? Preferably under $300

JL makes some great subs, but those special boxes (small, sealed) are WAY overpriced. What you have there is a weak ass sub in a tiny little box. Absolutely, it will be better than stock, but if you're anything like me, you'll be sick of it very quickly.

I suggest you use a little more room, a little less money, to make a lot more bass.

(Depends what kind of music you listen to)

from my personal experience (btl, q, and ssd only) none of these sound good. but i spose for the "average" basshead, they may be ok.
x2 I think fi just made up a little gemmick with the Q trying to make it seem like a sq woofer...... I tried it in 3 different boxes and i didnt like the SQ much at all. It did get pretty loud though..

To the OP: I have a 10" idqv3d4 if you are interested. I have all original packaging and its just sitting around. You can check them out on http://www.woofersetc.com and then find Image Dynamics subwoofers and its the IDQv3

In order to get the box, I have to buy the sub. So I'll probably just stay with this JL for at least a few months, see how I like it. could anyone recommend the best amp for me to run it? -$200 preferably since it's only powering 1 10".

Buy the used Stealthbox, measure all of its sides accurately. Give the measurements to Bjfish, have him build you a box, and sell the JL box.

here are some opinions.... dont buy that sub and box...h ave a member on here build the box fr you, and then buy a seperate sub....should be able to get something for way better than $500
I don't know brother. For JL audio their stealth boxes from what I remember work extremely well with their subs. Kinda hard to beat even with a custom. Been a few years though. Now their boxes as a whole I didn't like. But they sure worked well at least with the w7's

I LOVE JL. But i still think those boxes are ridiculous for the price, would never recommend one. You could have a good shop build you a space saving box that is louder for a fraction of the price. Youll be fine for rock but i know youll want the bass for electronic. IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!

I LOVE JL. But i still think those boxes are ridiculous for the price, would never recommend one. You could have a good shop build you a space saving box that is louder for a fraction of the price. Youll be fine for rock but i know youll want the bass for electronic. IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!

The dude drives a BMW.....**** it, I would buy the thing and have it installed.

The dude drives a BMW.....

even more of a reason not to buy a half-ass system for double the cost of what it's really worth

If i ever saw an X5 with a single JLW1 (and if i knew it cost $500 for the sub and box alone) i dont know if i would laugh or be jealous at the large amounts of wasted money

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.