is this going to hit hard?

except for the fact that thats not 1000rms its 1000peak. maybe a couple hundred watts rms. the reason you blew your subs is because you cranked your gain and clipped them to death. and FYI volfenhags are pretty much the worst sub ever made.
my gain was not all the way up it was a lil over 3/4th

Well, if you are all about something just making loud bass noise, then I guess what equipment you get doesn't matter. Point is, you can get a lot cleaner and controlled bass with better equipment. It's not just about loud, it's about adding clarity, functionality, practicality, and reliability.
VERY TRUE

I Was about to say the exact same thing, J/K

1) There's no doubt in my mind that the subs were clipped to death..

2) I agree 100% that you can easily research and shop around for better equipment for the same or a little more money and have a night-and-day better setup (also, research enclosure design and what will best suit your subs and possibly experiment with them...this can be a huge part of your setup sounding better)

3) Don turn your gain up all the way or close to it...try turning it to 1/2 and your bass boost to 1/3 or so...It will be a helluva lot cleaner sounding and wont blow your subs with all that distortion...

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19580

1200 RMS watts at 1 ohm...but i believe these are a bit overrated...still will be a huge improvement though... ($269)

Then head over to ficaraudio.com and check out the possibility of getting a 15" SSD dual 1 ohm VC's (possibly upgrade to copper coils as well) and run them in series to get 2 ohms on that amp to get roughly 750 rms to it, just what it needs and the amp wont be overworked and clipping like your current one is)...

Head to knukonceptz.com and order some 0-gauge to run to the rear and also for your ground. Also order some 12 gauge (or so) speaker wire while youre there (unless you have some, which is likely)...along with any ring terminals you'll need for hook up (you wont need any for the amp...just battery connection and ground)

Put it in a well-made ported enclosure tuned to around 33Hz with plenty of port area and all port corners rounded...try sub up, port back (pretty safe that that'll sound good) and you will be amazed at the difference between this setup and your old one...it will be louder, clearer, and will just be plain better in every aspect..

1) There's no doubt in my mind that the subs were clipped to death..2) I agree 100% that you can easily research and shop around for better equipment for the same or a little more money and have a night-and-day better setup (also, research enclosure design and what will best suit your subs and possibly experiment with them...this can be a huge part of your setup sounding better)

3) Don turn your gain up all the way or close to it...try turning it to 1/2 and your bass boost to 1/3 or so...It will be a helluva lot cleaner sounding and wont blow your subs with all that distortion...
100% To the point

Wow, someone comes on here seeking knowledge, and most of you mock him and his equipment. Sad part is, none of you will admit you started with a Lanzar amp and thought it was the coolest thing in the world.
dlow265, as far as your equipment goes, it's very low end. It's difficult to say if it would truly hit hard because low end equipment like that exaggerates it's numbers. If the subs you have can even handle 300 watts a piece, then yes it might rumble your car a bit. It may not have that clean punch, but it will make a rumble like noise. Running your Sony amps at full tilt, meaning the gain all the way up, will put a lot of tax on an already low budget amp. It could potentially lead to it's death.

If you already bought the equipment, I'd say just test it out. Try running the subs with only half gain. Like I saw someone recommend, get more familiar with the forums to learn more, then you might get the itch to upgrade and will be better informed.

If you need any advice, feel free to PM me.
You can PM me if you need help as well.

And I will admit I started out with a shitty MA audio 12 inch with "500 watt" amp that did about 250 watts in a pre fab sealed box that was barely bigger then the sub.

You can PM me if you need help as well.
And I will admit I started out with a shitty MA audio 12 inch with "500 watt" amp that did about 250 watts in a pre fab sealed box that was barely bigger then the sub.
you think thats bad, well I started with one of the speakers from my house stereo.

on a 1981 chevy citation, I thought I was bumping with STYLE

lol funny story my dad told me he did that back in the 70's & 80's lol
Well for me the year was 1995, In high school my dad had gave me this old bucket that for me was A MASTERPIECE, it had an old tape player the front speakers worked but the back ones were missing. I had 2 house speaker boxes in the back, now that I think about it all I could say is POOR ME, literally

Ya'll make me feel spoiled. I just got my first car which is a 99' Grand Cherokee (loaded) and I'm putting in a 15" BL for my first system. I'm not the rich kid, my dad just knows his way around ebay. Sadly I have to pay for my system.

Ya'll make me feel spoiled. I just got my first car which is a 99' Grand Cherokee (loaded) and I'm putting in a 15" BL for my first system. I'm not the rich kid, my dad just knows his way around ebay. Sadly I have to pay for my system.
You should feel smart not spoiled

helps us appreciate, builds character. Thats funny though I'm certain if I would ask my MOM to buy me some car audio she would laugh in my face and say "ESTAS LOCO"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.