Is this amp to much?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just have to say thanks for helping a noob out on this forum. You guys are awesome and I come here for all my needs and searches. I finally bought a new amp for my subwoofer. I currently have a Cerwin-Vega V122D which is 450rms and the peak is 900. I recently purchased a Hifonics ZRX 1000.1d amp, and I wired my sub down to one ohm. It sounds a heck of a lot better than my previous amp, and I made sure to set everything correctly. I am really curious as to if I went with to much power or not.

tl;dr am I pushing to much power to my Cerwin-Vega V122D 12" using a Hifonics ZRX 1000.1d amplifier?

nope your good, just set your gains to like 800W, after voltage drop and impedance rise you'll be right around 450 probably

Just be smart about stuff. If it sounds bad, the dust cap gets hot, or you smell something, turn it down.

Its better to have head room on an amp imo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.