Is this a good box for Re Audio XXX 12" Sub

i just looked your amp up your suppose to use 200 amp external fuses!!!! not saying this will fix your problems but it could help!!!
This wont fix his problem. You dont HAVE to run any fuses if you dont want to. A 35 amp fuse will pass 200 amps for a little bit before it pops

OP, how much of your trunk are you willing to sacrifice for your box(es). If the GP in your pic is your car that is A LOT of trunk space (i have an 04 GP) i would think someone like Moble or one of the other builders here could design you 1 box for 2 subs or 2 separate boxes and still be within the width limits we have at the front most area of the trunk. If i remember correctly we have something like 48" left to right and like 16 bottom to top. only problem is you may have to install the box through the back seats instead of dropping it right in through the trunk.
Funny you mention mobile, I'm actual working with him now to design and construct a new box. I only have 36" Wide (left to right) 48" I wish lol You might have a wide track GP but I know I only have 36". I cant see 48" in a wide track eaither, but who knows.

yeah you are right. i just went and measured mine again and its about 36" l to r and about 18.5" top to bottom, if i go in from trunk, if i go in from the backseat its only 16" not sure where i got 48" haha. and yes mine is a widetrack.

don't buy shit yet.

Get your amps tuned correctly first and put fuses on the amps to protect them. And no, different fusing won't make your speakers smell. the fuses are to protect the amps. With only 2600 watts playing music, I don't see those subs cooking without being clipped to hell.

don't buy shit yet.
Get your amps tuned correctly first and put fuses on the amps to protect them. And no, different fusing won't make your speakers smell. the fuses are to protect the amps. With only 2600 watts playing music, I don't see those subs cooking without being clipped to hell.
Hes got two of those amps, one on each sub...5200 watts between the pair.

each sub is just getting 600 watts more than rated if no impedance rise.
Correct I dont believe the amps actual put out more than 2300. Maybe 2600 if kept at 14V. I was thinking of tuning them to 2000 watts a piece but I am just going to tune them with a SMD DD-1, so that means they should be clipping free!

This wont fix his problem. You dont HAVE to run any fuses if you dont want to. A 35 amp fuse will pass 200 amps for a little bit before it pops
i ran no fuses with my amp which caused it to clip much faster as it got hotter faster..... it worked for me it was just a suggestion not a solution...

i ran no fuses with my amp which caused it to clip much faster as it got hotter faster..... it worked for me it was just a suggestion not a solution...
Thats not possible.. No fuses would allow it to get more power and more power going to it means a cooler amp. A fuse dont rob much power but it does. Sorry

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.