Is this a good battery charger for deep cycle?

Participant count
  • Participant list

momofx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
IL, USA
Found this at local pawn shop for $10 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and it has a deep cycle setting so I was wondering if you guys think this would be ok to charge deep cycle batteries like Kinetik, etc.

8-1.JPG

* Not my pic but this is exact same thing.

Here are the specs :

100 amp engine start helps start stubborn motors

15 amp high / 2 amp low charge settings

Automatically shuts off when battery is fully charged, resumes charging if battery becomes discharged

Battery Type Selector ensures full charge for deep cycle and normal batteries

Charges 6 & 12 volt maintenance free and deep cycle batteries used in cars, trucks, farm equipment, RV and commecrial applications

Charges automotive batteries in 2 to 4 hours

2 amp setting is ideal for charging 12 volt motorcycle and larn mower batteries

Reverse connection warning light and charge complete indicator

thats a standard wetcell battery charger

you wasted 10bux lol

if you looking for a BUDGET agm approved charger/maintainer go to a harbor freight and buy their unit its 1/2amp so itll take awhile to charge a battery up

but it NEVER goes above 14v and flaots them around 13.8s normal price is like 10 bux

and they are on sale constantly for around 6 bux

LOL dammit I thought I could kill two birds with one stone. I just used it last night to charge the (standard type wet cell) battery on my custom car that sits in the garage over winter (so it tends to go dead hella fast). This morning the green light was on (on the charger) and the battery was fully charged. Guess I'll just keep it for that then...

I'll go check out that HF charger - thx.

Hey the one I found on HF had many bad reviews and alot of complaints of overcharging voltages, etc...

Is there any other chargers out there that would safely work with deep cycle agm batteries like Kinetic, etc? I am hoping to spend no more than $40 or so...

Well after much researching I discovered that the nice looking Schumacher chargers are not good for deep cycle / agm and that the Battery Tender Plus is what works best (well for something way under $100). Honestly, I really liked the Schumacher chargers - they look very sleek and got a digital display, etc. BUT waaay too many bad stories of them going over 15V on deep cycle, etc.

Guess I will get the Battery Tender Plus for my Kinetics that I will soon be getting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

momofx

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
momofx
IL, USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date