is this a decent amount of spl for what i have

110TB.jpg

Dimensions:

W: 20" D: 14" H: 11"

Mounting Depth: 9.00"

Airspace: 1.20 cu. ft.

yea the space is amazing and i wish there would be something other than just sealed boxes...i prefer ported boxes, and the only good prefab ported box ive seen is a loaded probox single 12"...i love how much space there is though...in fact for the box i have no its too much room and my box slides around all the time(well it did before i wedged it in place with cardboard boxes) because i have the box longside up so the port is firing into my cab

There's no reason you cant buy one of those prefab sealed boxes and convert into a ported box for the next sized smaller sub. You want an external port though, depending on actual space and sub chosen.

If your looking to get a bigger number then you should be looking at a different set up. What numbers do you want to get, 145? 150? Your not gonna see those running an amp from Boston, or from their subs. I've run a few SPL events at stores that run Boston subs and amps and no matter what they used they could never get louder than anyone else at the shows. Boston is built for SQ, not SPL. If you want #'s then look into better gear, like DC SoundLabs, Fi's, Sundown, Ascendent and countless other great lines of subs and amps that are made to get loud.

with a good 10" and 500 rms i could do that numb on a termlab in that car. they are really easy to get in the low 40s.

if ur looking to get loud get a better sub and dont get another 500rms amp. get at least a 1500 and make sure its strappable then sell the alpine....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.