is this a decent amount of spl for what i have

nah this one didnt hook up to a computer....the mic looked like a tiny radar detector and plugged into a machine that had monochrone lcd screen that had read to 1 decimal place...other than that idk how to explain it

so honestly...do yall see me gaining much spl at all by getting a box custom to my car and sub? and how much more power do yall think i can put towards my sub

a properly built box will always increase spl, but sometimes a very miniscule amount...honestly, if you are that concerned with spl numbers, you have the wrong setup...500w to a 10 and high spl numbers just dont mix

no i hate my amp...im looking for prolly a boston amp to match it...closer to 900rms or higher...just wasnt sure if the sub could take it...and like isaid ive been short on money lately but just lookin what yall think i can get out of my 10

its alright i guess...but they sound way too muddy...overheat easily, and i believe if i had been patient and saved even $50-$100 more i could have gotten an amp that was quiiite a bit better

so honestly...do yall see me gaining much spl at all by getting a box custom to my car and sub? and how much more power do yall think i can put towards my sub
Abox is the most important thing behind equipment.. sometimes mor eimportant.. a box will do wondfers if its built well and tuned right

its alright i guess...but they sound way too muddy...overheat easily, and i believe if i had been patient and saved even $50-$100 more i could have gotten an amp that was quiiite a bit better
are all the settings properly tuned?

(im in no way saying i want to keep my box)with my box i have now matching decently close to the specs of my sub(of by .1cubic foot and maybe a hz or two), will i see that much improvement by getting a custom box? and if so more than getting a real amp? i guess what im really asking is what is the first thing that needs to go and get replaced?

If it's a cheap spl meter then i really doubt ur even hitting 135s... Here's what a TL looks like
7Image.jpg

And on the computer it looks like this

Term-LAB%2020092009%20175612.jpg
or this ...

newspeakersnscore010.jpg

both.. lol.. ya there are alot of guys that design boxes on here that can get some crazy stuff depending on space you have and ya those specs on your sub mean nothing as far as what score your going to hit

so the answer im seeing is yes get the box done first?
These guys cant possibly tell you your box is a problem simply because its 'prefabricated'. Sub Zero is a subwoofer 'prefabricator' whose build quality most people here could/would not match.

Prefabs got a bad reputation because of band-pass boxes, which are much more complex to design than sealed or ported enclosures, and much less forgiving if the enclosure doesn't match the sub correctly.

Pics of the box and specs would help us give more educated advice.

nah this one didnt hook up to a computer....the mic looked like a tiny radar detector and plugged into a machine that had monochrone lcd screen that had read to 1 decimal place...other than that idk how to explain it
You are describing an AC meter. Your 141 would be mid 130's on a TL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.