Is there a way to control the "tone" of an aftermarket sub through factory deck?

Participant count
  • Participant list

svt440

Hey guys! I am thinking about installing a sub and amp in a 2008 Pontiac G6 that does not have the Monsoon System. This is a very basic setup. Factory head unit, two door tweeters and 6.5's, and two rear 6x9's. What I would really like to do is have the sub controlled by the "tone" settings in the factory cd player. (these are the high mid and low settings). When I turn up the low on the head unit, the bass hits harder, and when I turn the low's down, the bass doesn't hit as hard. Has anyone found a way to make this work? Also, how would the master volume on the factory head unit control the volume of the sub? Thanks!

They work now with my factory speakers, but when I add a sub, I am wanting to be able to (for example) turn up the low on my factory head unit which will turn up the sub low's. Some people say you can't control the tone of an aftermarket sub through a factory head unit. I think through some cross over's that this may be possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.