Is the system I have good? Need some advice !

Deadlocked
10+ year member

Hey all so I'm a complete noob at audio, just bought an RSX type s 06 and it came with 2 amplifiers a Kenwood KAC-9103D Class D Mono power Amplified and a Alpine V Power 4 Channel power amplfier MRP-F250, It's hooked up to a Alpine Type R 12" subwoofer and it's got a Rockford Fosgate IFD 1 Farad Digital Capicitator rolling around even though its like hooked up its just in my trunk rolling around not secured to anything. What do I do? Is this a good set up so far?

Also my head unit was a Alpine something But i removed it and bought a AVH P8400bh double din only to find out that the OEM mounting bracket is missing so I had to buy it now I'm waiting on that. Will the amps be able to power everything? Is this a good set up? I'm looking into buying new speakers as well for the front any good suggestions? I think my front takes 6.5 inches?

budget for upgrades? what you got now is a decent budget system; typical audio shop or best buy equipment probably.

Also, ditch the cap or at least secure it somehow

Any recommendations guys? Well the bass is pretty heavy I think enough for me maybe? Idk budget is around $400 I would say, are the amps powerful enough for everything or am I lacking in anything? Point me in the right direction :)

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Why ditch the cap? I don't even know what it is lol, how do I secure it and to what?

So I just remove it from my system? Ill see if I can do that wouldn't know what to do then, whats it for anyway ? And I think a little more would be nice, what if I were to get another alpine type r subwoofer 12 inch would that be better? Would the amps be able to power it and my HU?

Caps are designed to help reduce the strain on your electrical system when your amp draws current however, they tend to put more strain on your electrical than they prevent alpine makes decent gear for being so mainstream also I'd suggest a non pre fabricated ported box otherwise it sounds like a decent entry level set-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would want one that is designed specifically for your sub and vehicle. There are several box designers on this site, and probably some local to you also.

Pro rabbit DC Creations

mobile enclosures Welcome to Mobile Enclosures! - Mobile Enclosures - Custom subwoofer boxes

starr mountain Home

buck's box design(I think he is having health issues right now) http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buck-box-designs/535560-bucks-box-design-pics.html

Then there are a few other guys that don't really advertise

catman

kangaraux

Caps are designed to help reduce the strain on your electrical system when your amp draws current however, they tend to put more strain on your electrical than they prevent alpine makes decent gear for being so mainstream also I'd suggest a non pre fabricated ported box otherwise it sounds like a decent entry level set-up.
Only when your electrical isn't good enough to provide proper power to the amp without the cap. Unfortunately, that's when most people use them because they are told that from best buy or something like that. They are useful when you have a proper electrical system, providing you know what they do and what to expect.

if you get another type r you will need a bigger sub amp. the 4 channel puts out 40w x 4. you can find some decent speakers to handle the power to match, look into pioneer d series

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.