Is the strut tower a good grounding point?

PR1M3R
10+ year member

I did my big 3 in 1\0 wire. I was at a local car audio place today and the guy said the strut mount would be a better place to ground than where I had it (bar across top of radiator).

Is the strut tower a really good place to ground?

Also, is the factory engine to chassis ground point on the engine usually the best place on the motor to run a ground from?

If the tower is a good place I will switch the battery and chassis ground to the tower.

Thanks guys.

Is there an existing bolt somewhere that you could recommend?

I thought the strut tower connects to the firewall and floor pan also....

Old thread, but hoping someone chimes in..are the strut tower bolts sufficient for ground or should I drill into the the tower to make my own ground? Don't want to do any unnecessary drilling.

Old thread, but hoping someone chimes in..are the strut tower bolts sufficient for ground or should I drill into the the tower to make my own ground? Don't want to do any unnecessary drilling.
Smurfy76 is right. The strut tower is a great location because it is easy to access and is a reinforced point because of the abuse it must endure.

Just thought I'd share..I'm so happy.:D Thanks again guys!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    906.8 KB · Views: 550
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 862
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 855
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 529
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    998.8 KB · Views: 502
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.