Is the strut tower a good grounding point?

PR1M3R

Dec 25, 2009
Yakima, Wa
I did my big 3 in 1\0 wire. I was at a local car audio place today and the guy said the strut mount would be a better place to ground than where I had it (bar across top of radiator).

Is the strut tower a really good place to ground?

Also, is the factory engine to chassis ground point on the engine usually the best place on the motor to run a ground from?

If the tower is a good place I will switch the battery and chassis ground to the tower.

Thanks guys.

OP
P

PR1M3R

Dec 25, 2009
Yakima, Wa
Is there an existing bolt somewhere that you could recommend?

I thought the strut tower connects to the firewall and floor pan also....

OP
P

PR1M3R

Dec 25, 2009
Yakima, Wa
Thanks SicAudio. The guys at this shop seemed like they knew what they were talking about.

Strut tower it is.

imakul8

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 27, 2020
New Orleans, LA
Old thread, but hoping someone chimes in..are the strut tower bolts sufficient for ground or should I drill into the the tower to make my own ground? Don't want to do any unnecessary drilling.

1aespinoza

May 22, 2013
Pharr, Texas
Old thread, but hoping someone chimes in..are the strut tower bolts sufficient for ground or should I drill into the the tower to make my own ground? Don't want to do any unnecessary drilling.
Smurfy76 is right. The strut tower is a great location because it is easy to access and is a reinforced point because of the abuse it must endure.

Reactions: Lasherž

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Talontsi90 General Discussion 10