Is the Massive Audio Hippo 152 half ohm stable? I can't find any info on them

Yeah, I'm ordering a 240amp alternator soon, so my electrical should be fine. I never ran anything at half ohm so I wasn't sure if the subs need to be rated to handle it or not. Just that subwoofer specs usually mention what they put out at different ohms, but I never see half ohm mentioned.

Can anyone confirm that the subwoofer end doesn't matter before I blow a bunch of cash on a half ohm stable amp?

Yeah, I'm ordering a 240amp alternator soon, so my electrical should be fine. I never ran anything at half ohm so I wasn't sure if the subs need to be rated to handle it or not. Just that subwoofer specs usually mention what they put out at different ohms, but I never see half ohm mentioned.
Can anyone confirm that the subwoofer end doesn't matter before I blow a bunch of cash on a half ohm stable amp?
Subwoofers don't put out at different ohms. A subwoofer is rated by how many watts/power it can handle

Not way over my head, more of a refresher. I'm just trying to play it safe. I know what you're talking about. Such as if you measure a voice coil with a multimeter it can read out 3.7ohms at rest, but move the cone the slightest bit and the number goes everywhere.

Actually they do but its unpredictable so you go off resting resistance.. Way over OPs head, I see why you didn't say it.
He said subwoofers usually list what they put out at different ohms. I have no idea what Hes talking about. I have never seen a spec chart that said what subwoofers put out at different ohms. What does that even mean. Doesn't make sense.

As they stated the subs have no bearing on weather you can run .5 ohm other than the fact you have to get the correct coil configeration to be able to actually wire to a .5 load....the only thing that matters is that your amp can safely run at .5 and weather your electrical is up to par.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.