Is my sub and amp compatible with the wiring that's already set up?

If you do not have a remote wire running from the head unit to the amp you can get a turn on signal from several other places. I see in the picture the wire is running to nothing. Jumping the power wire is about the worst solution. If it absolutely had to be done it MUST be fused with a very low amp fuse. 0.5 amp is best. If you have wire running capabilities we can tell you other ways to get a remote signal.

Sorry for the late replay. We got hit with 7 feet of snow where I live feet. Based on the info you provided you can only wire it with a 4ohm load. So you would do sub + to amp Left + and sub - to amp Right -. Just because the sub looks the same in the picture it does not mean that it the single voice coil version. The only way to know for sure is unscrew the sub and take it out of the box.

Here is wiring diagram link http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.