Is my new amp ok? hifonics brutus elite 1700.1 35th anniversary

I swear to god if you mention your amp again for no reason I'm going to scream. We are talking about the Hifonics OR 1500+watt amps that would be a better pick, your amp is mot relevant to this conversation.
Last gen BE1700.1d SMD dynod at sub 1200 clean at 14.5, did over 1700 dynamic. Overrated yes
that was dynamic RMS if I'm not mistaken. a 1 second sine wave.

Could always find a Orion XTR1500.1D... I dyno'd mine at 2197W @ 1ohm... INSANE. Not sure what they run now, but I picked mine up in the summer for $240.
$300 yeah we shoulda all got them few months ago, 2500 went up a ton.. i saw 1400 and 1500 for like $200 on a site months ago, of course they all gone now.. your ss filter is just on/off 25hz right?

the high-end amps are a STEAL. they are great amps.the overpriced named brand amps that are charging 4x the price are getting OLD..

Ill run the goliath for 550 ong before a few companies 3kw for 300 bucks more.. the brutus elite is just as good as any budget amps.

what you don't hear about the CAB is the failures. trust me like any cheap amp the failure rate exist. not knocking hte cab. i love good budget gear but hifonics isn't junk.

if hifonics is just audioque is junk
Brz lines is similar to audioque but anything after that is complete trash. A 300 dollar ELITE amp claims 1700 watts only did 1199 watts clean at 14.95 volts. You can already guess what it will do at 13.8 to 14.4 volts. An audiopoop 1500.1 costing 150 bucks does 1300 watts at a lower voltage.

In a direct swap comparison of the new brutus 2200.1 amp and an apcl 1500.1, the apcl was in every way louder. The hifonics also had a roll off under 30hz even with the subsonic off basically dead at 29hz. While the audiopoop played down to 20hz strong.

Stay clear the fk away from this near power acoustik level bs thats overpriced as sh*t

the high-end amps are a STEAL. they are great amps.the overpriced named brand amps that are charging 4x the price are getting OLD..

Ill run the goliath for 550 ong before a few companies 3kw for 300 bucks more.. the brutus elite is just as good as any budget amps.

what you don't hear about the CAB is the failures. trust me like any cheap amp the failure rate exist. not knocking hte cab. i love good budget gear but hifonics isn't junk.

if hifonics is just audioque is junk
Such as....?? post up details. None of us are mindreaders. Only failure I've seen read are user ones....not amp ones. IF that were the case, send amp back since it's under warranty and exchange for another.

$300 yeah we shoulda all got them few months ago, 2500 went up a ton.. i saw 1400 and 1500 for like $200 on a site months ago, of course they all gone now.. your ss filter is just on/off 25hz right?
Yes and the subsonic filter is on off and is not as big of a deal as you may think above 25hz... Also irrelevant if you run a sealed setup.

that was dynamic RMS if I'm not mistaken. a 1 second sine wave.
Yes dynamic RMS, we can debate what an amp should be rated at. I like many think it should be rated at 1%THD, like the certified test does, but atleast it can get to its rating thru a dynamic burst and is not a ILS (If Lightning Struck) rating like a Boss or Planet Audio. This makes Hifonics the equivalent of Belva.

Personally, I don't think Hifonics is utter garbage, but wish they spent as much time working on their circuit boards as they did on their heat sinks.

Yes dynamic RMS, we can debate what an amp should be rated at. I like many think it should be rated at 1%THD, like the certified test does, but atleast it can get to its rating thru a dynamic burst and is not a ILS (If Lightning Struck) rating like a Boss or Planet Audio. This makes Hifonics the equivalent of Belva.
Personally, I don't think Hifonics is utter garbage, but wish they spent as much time working on their circuit boards as they did on their heat sinks.
use the high end amps. they have higher end amps that compete with the good stuff.

use the high end amps. they have higher end amps that compete with the good stuff.
No they dont. Their highest end brutus elite line 1700 watt amp only made 1199. Junk and overpriced. That amp was 300 dollars new when it was out. What kind of garbage is that. If it was 140 dollars then yeah okay cool. But for what they priced it for, its in the garbage category when it comes to price to performance ratio.

No they dont. Their highest end brutus elite line 1700 watt amp only made 1199. Junk and overpriced. That amp was 300 dollars new when it was out. What kind of garbage is that. If it was 140 dollars then yeah okay cool. But for what they priced it for, its in the garbage category when it comes to price to performance ratio.
the brutus is the midline amp. the colossus is nothing short of ******..

the brutus is the midline amp. the colossus is nothing short of ******..
not impressed with the ones i've seen locally. Hot, inefficient. At least the new generation is. Literally hifonics nowadays is all crap from top to bottom. Dont bring old outdated lines into this equation. There is no signs of any korean made stuff, all cheap china board amps now, even their highest tiers.

not impressed with the ones i've seen locally. Hot, inefficient. At least the new generation is. Literally hifonics nowadays is all crap from top to bottom. Dont bring old outdated lines into this equation. There is no signs of any korean made stuff, all cheap china board amps now, even their highest tiers.
funny how the aq 2200.1 was godlike but the hifonics brx2400 ******.

the 1700 does 1500 for under 200 bucks. its a decent budget amp.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_108609_Hifonics-Colossus-Mount-Olympus-Series-Dual-Mono-Car-Amplifier-Colossus-6.5K.html

3200 for 500. not a bad deal. and its cta compliant

funny how the aq 2200.1 was godlike but the hifonics brx2400 ******.
the 1700 does 1500 for under 200 bucks. its a decent budget amp.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_108609_Hifonics-Colossus-Mount-Olympus-Series-Dual-Mono-Car-Amplifier-Colossus-6.5K.html

3200 for 500. not a bad deal. and its cta compliant
bro i ran two of the BRX 2400.1 GARBAGE compared to a korean board amp.

they didnt even come close to a dc 3.5k in terms of output and had the exact hifonics issue of cant play any lower than 30hz. the dc 3.5k is a legit 3.5k flat on the amp dyno. BRX is serious garbage man.

The BRZ was the good amp that almost matched the AQ2200. Anything after that generation is a steep downhill slope in performance to price ratio. the brx 2400 is closer to a 1500 watt amp more than anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.