Is my new amp ok? hifonics brutus elite 1700.1 35th anniversary

Mean Machine

canada
Hi everyone, just getting a system together again. I got a pair of some sundown sa12. is the hifonics amp enough power? I wanted an amp that was at least 1500 watts RMS but i forgot that hifonics rating can be crazy. i always used fosgate power or punch series amps, sometimes kicker. how many watts RMS can i expect from this BE35 1700.1D amp? i might return it because i didn't install it yet.

I didn't use the BE35 1700 but I did use the BRZ 1700 on a pair of the rev1 SA 12's

This was back when I was in highschool so it's been a while but I remember that amp performing better than I expected.

I was told not too expect much out of that amp when I got it but it did well.

If you have the budget for rockford then for sure go with them over hifonics. I didn't :/

Hi everyone, just getting a system together again. I got a pair of some sundown sa12. is the hifonics amp enough power? I wanted an amp that was at least 1500 watts RMS but i forgot that hifonics rating can be crazy. i always used fosgate power or punch series amps, sometimes kicker. how many watts RMS can i expect from this BE35 1700.1D amp? i might return it because i didn't install it yet.
yeah they get me with anniversary editions (pretty lol) and they maybe little better than other ones idk but how much did u pay for it is the real question, if u can take it back and get much better amp for like $50 more we'll give u options like the cab..

they ok if u know what u getting.. how much $ can u get if u return it and how much more can u spend than that? i deleted most of post cause i found wrong amp

they ok if u know what u getting.. i saw they rated 850rms but tested at 781 @1 ohm or something (i thought maybe 1k, my amp tested 400 better than that for same $) so that amp would be ok for 1 sa.. as it is u would have less power to 2 subs than i have to 1 and i have the baby system on here.. how much $ can u get if u return it and how much more can u spend than that?
was it the elite?

Could always find a Orion XTR1500.1D... I dyno'd mine at 2197W @ 1ohm... INSANE. Not sure what they run now, but I picked mine up in the summer for $240.

ok think i found it it tested 1199rms clean (37 watts better than mine but @ 1 volt higher than mine).. either way it'll push the sa's but if u can return it and spend $100 more i would for 2 subs or just get the cab i think it tested at 1700 $199..

Overpriced junk. Get something better
the high-end amps are a STEAL. they are great amps.

the overpriced named brand amps that are charging 4x the price are getting OLD..

Ill run the goliath for 550 ong before a few companies 3kw for 300 bucks more.. the brutus elite is just as good as any budget amps.

what you don't hear about the CAB is the failures. trust me like any cheap amp the failure rate exist. not knocking hte cab. i love good budget gear but hifonics isn't junk.

if hifonics is just audioque is junk

ok think i found it it tested 1199rms clean (37 watts better than mine but @ 1 volt higher than mine).. either way it'll push the sa's but if u can return it and spend $100 more i would for 2 subs or just get the cab i think it tested at 1700 $199..
I swear to god if you mention your amp again for no reason I'm going to scream. We are talking about the Hifonics OR 1500+watt amps that would be a better pick, your amp is mot relevant to this conversation.

Last gen BE1700.1d SMD dynod at sub 1200 clean at 14.5, did over 1700 dynamic. Overrated yes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.