Ppi fanatics

vroomy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Australia
Any ppi gurus here can tell me what the true ouput of an A1200.2 art series amp is when bridged mono into 8ohms?? I know if we go the rule of thumb it should be half the output at 4ohms which would be 600w, but wondering in a real world test is it any better?

Thanks for the manual link i already have that, but it has no power figures for bridged into 8ohm
Take the figures at stereo for 4 ohm and add them together. There is your 8ohm bridged value, which for that amp is 600W. Lots of people when doing dyno tests on a multichannel (4Ch) amp will do a 8ohm bridged test on both channels of the dyno to get the 4XWRMS value at 4ohm.

Take the figures at stereo for 4 ohm and add them together. There is your 8ohm bridged value, which for that amp is 600W. Lots of people when doing dyno tests on a multichannel (4Ch) amp will do a 8ohm bridged test on both channels of the dyno to get the 4XWRMS value at 4ohm.
crap thats exactly right.. so yeah it should be 600..

Big fan here. Had an A1200.2 & had to sell. Was part of a trio with an A600.2 & A300.2 (which I still have)

Can't help with #'s but am curious in what you end up doing with it...cheers

So what happened is i managed to swap my power hx2 15 with a friends t1d415 which works alot better in a smaller box going by rockford recommendations. Prob is i have this A1200 with a sub at either 2 or 8ohm load. Am trying to avoid spending excess money

Any ppi gurus here can tell me what the true ouput of an A1200.2 art series amp is when bridged mono into 8ohms?? I know if we go the rule of thumb it should be half the output at 4ohms which would be 600w, but wondering in a real world test is it any better?
Should be pretty honestly rated give or take 10%. I'd expect 600W and I think you'll be happy how an old schooler like that sounds and performs (stays cool) at 8 ohms bridged.

So what happened is i managed to swap my power hx2 15 with a friends t1d415 which works alot better in a smaller box going by rockford recommendations. Prob is i have this A1200 with a sub at either 2 or 8ohm load. Am trying to avoid spending excess money
So run @2ohms mono bridged.That amp should put out some great power at 2 ohms mono/bridged mono.Just give it some air space underneath to keep some air circulation to help keep cool

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.