Is my amp ok for my subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm not understanding because I'm new to this but please explain to me how that works if it's a 300 rms and they're both more than 150. Then wouldn't it not be enough because 300/2 = 150? Please explain to me

I'm not understanding because I'm new to this but please explain to me how that works if it's a 300 rms and they're both more than 150. Then wouldn't it not be enough because 300/2 = 150? Please explain to me

Max ratings are inaccurate and false. Only go by the rms ratings. At 2 ohms your amplifier puts out 300 watts of true power. Your subs from that website said can take 50 to 300 watts rms a piece. Your amp with 300/2 is 150 watts per sub. This will do just fine for a daily setup to add that extra bass tone you are looking for. It will also be a lasting setup just make sure you don't turn the gain past 60 to 70% on the amplifier so you dont clip the signal. You probably don't understand that but just keep the gain down. Other than that your good to go so wire it all up and try it out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks a lot , my buddy gave me this setup and it's a lot different than other, the subs are inside a box covered completely with a whole on the top of the box so u cant even see the subs. They are both facing each other too.. He told me this way the subs are protected is these a good enclosure or would u recommend a different box and would u recommend getting a 600 wat rms amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.